Dorset

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
We are looking to book a week in June at either Wood Farm Nr Charmouth or Golden Cap. We have three young children and it will only be our second outing. We havent even done our first yet but it seem you have to book early. Has anyone been to either site and what do you think of them. Thankyou Denise

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise,

As Mike and Kevin have said Wood Farm is the best for your childrens safety,we were there last year,its very clean well organised ,you have good space beetween caravans,the warden will give help if needed to set up,marvellous views,its a really nice site,the beach is not far away and the children can go looking for fossils, thoroughly nice area.Enjoy your holiday,Happy Caravanning its a great hobby.Jim.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Wood Farm is good, especially if you have children. You can get quite a lot of road noise from the A35 which runs by the site. The pitches near the road are the ones to avoid if you get a choice. Otherwise it is fine. Have not been to the other one. You should also consider Merley Park and Wilksworth Farm, both at Wimborne. I live near to both of these and have used them several times. Merley Park wins just about every award going.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Denise, They are basically two different types of site. Wood Farm is on the western end of Charmouth by pass and is either a long walk or car journey to the beach whilst Golden Cap is only 150m from the beach at Seatown. There is a previous posting in this section of the forum 'Golden Cap Dorset' Sat 10th December. My personal choice would be Golden Cap as great for evening stroll and looking out to sea with a pub on your doorstep.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
If only we could have a quiet evening stroll with a relaxing drink at a pub...... with a 4yr old girl and 18 month old twin boys that is not possible and won't be for a long time. I'll keep dreaming. Denise.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If only we could have a quiet evening stroll with a relaxing drink at a pub...... with a 4yr old girl and 18 month old twin boys that is not possible and won't be for a long time. I'll keep dreaming. Denise.
Denise forget the quiet evening stroll and the pub ,that is what we have plenty of now .You have something far better.I hope you have a great hliday and the sun shines coljac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Denise, I think then your best bet of the two sites is still Golden Cap. It is a level site with just a short walk to the beach {which isn't like Blackpool - it is a small and typically for the area pebbled}. Wood Farm is on a slope, though the pitches are terraced.

Newlands at Charmouth is a nice small site and would not be to busy in June. It has a descent indoor pool and small club house and it is an easy walk to the beach {much harder for you of course with the children}. I live in Dorset and have been to many over the years, if you want advise on any site then please ask. Ray

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Ray. thanks for the info. Is the Wood Farm site very steep or just gently sloping. My husband has booked it for 5 nights before I saw your reply about Golden Cap. Will lose

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Denise, there is a previous posting regarding Wood Farm on this section of the forum. it is currently page 25 titled Wood Park Farm Charmouth 4th May 2005 9.57am. i personally have not stayed there for about 12 years but travel past it regularly as it is on the A35.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts