Double glazing - condensation -2.

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi - Thanks to those who replied. However, I had already tried removing the plugs and using a hair drier. For three hours. Then, on another occasion, a fan heater for four hours and still have not fully got rid of the condensation which appears worse some days than others. Can anyone say with authority that acrylic IS porous in which case it would seem there will be more condensation after rain. Afriend says his last two brand new caravans had condensation from day one!

G

I had a similar problem on my last van in just one window and like you I tried the 'remove the plugs etc' routine, without too much success. On discussing it with the dealer I was told that some windows do have the problem and basically it could be a manufacturing problem. I suppose like rogue cars, one can get rogue windows. The ultimate answer is a new window but they can be quite expensive. It could also be a difficult thing to get done under warranty. The answer? I don't really know. I bought another van, not for that particular reason I may add, and so far have not had a repetition. Scratching of the panes is my big problem. No matter how careful I am with washing they seem to scratch and I only see it when the sun shines on the pane.

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob,

We hade a 2004 Ranger and the Large window at the front repeatedly had condensation inside, after taking it back to the dealers I was informed that it was a common misconseption (is that spelt right?) that the Acrylic is sealed and gave us an information leaflet. The leaflet advised that we keep the windows on the vent setting during storage and use (Unless really cold) which is what we did and the window did dry out and never condensed again.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Rob, it's not the acrylic that's porous it is more likely the glue that bonds the two pieces together that causes the problem

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts