May 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

Firstly my apologies if this question is in the wrong section of the forum.

I have an issue with the water draining from the sinks and the shower, the sinks take ages to empty and the shower overflows. I thought this was because I was not level yet this weekend i was preparing the van for the off and was cleaning the pipes with the van level and the water still took ages to go. I removed the drainage pipe from the waste hog and woooshhh the water went straight away.

This suggests to me that their is not enought gravity to push the water up and into the waste hog, is this a common problem or is there an easy solutions? Apart from just not using the waste hog and letting it run out which would not be nice for anyone!!

Thanks

Anthony

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
You say "there is not enough gravity to push the water UP and into the waste hog" is this really what you mean?

You cannot expect the water to travel upwards very fast, if at all.

Feb 14, 2007
Visit site
Your discription of problem is a wee bit confusing. I suspect your problem may be that the end of the outflow pipe to your wastehog is under the water level, if you see what I mean. Always have the pipe just entering the wastehog inlet, so that the end is always above the water level as it fills up.

As for the drain output from shower, in my 'van (Bailey Senator Indiana) I always pitch slightly tilted towards the shower drain, otherwise it does not drain well.

Hope this helps.

DaveMac

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Also make sure you don't have a sag in the waste pipe between van and wastemaster. Newtons' laws says the water should always drain as long as you as the outlet is lower than the inlet. My van doesn't believe in Newton and so I can have slow drains as well!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS