Drivers not prepared for winter driving.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It would have to be a snowdrift that has enveloped the whole car for the scenario to occur that you are referring to. Normally, the already hot exhaust pipe will remain open to the atmosphere and enough fresh air for the occupants will still get in through body vents. A window slightly ajar (preferably the one furthest from the exhaust) will prevent the CO2 breathed out from causing suffocation.

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
It would have to be a snowdrift that has enveloped the whole car for the scenario to occur that you are referring to. Normally, the already hot exhaust pipe will remain open to the atmosphere and enough fresh air for the occupants will still get in through body vents. A window slightly ajar (preferably the one furthest from the exhaust) will prevent the CO2 breathed out from causing suffocation.
Lutz,

I was thinking worst case scenario. You have to think that most people would not be so level headed in these situations and would panic.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I'm guessing that if you can't wind a window down a couple of inches, and see the sky, then its best to turn the engine off.

And don't let salt water reach the battery. :)

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi David,

Thanks for vote of confidence. Yes I hope we meet up sometime.

OT.... so I will keep it short. Might help somebody.

I found out that I should have got a GSM for Malayia. Asked for it, and got it 40 years after demob. Also found that I was entitled to a medal isued by Malayan Government in 2004, for those who were in Malaya during the Conflict Years (ending circa 1966) so got that too. Google MEDAL MALAYA. OK, medals like this are only "luggage labels", but anybody researching your family history in the future will thank you.

End of OT,

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi David,

I found out that I should have got a GSM for Malayia. Asked for it, and got it 40 years after demob. Also found that I was entitled to a medal isued by Malayan Government in 2004, for those who were in Malaya during the Conflict Years (ending circa 1966) so got that too. Google MEDAL MALAYA. OK, medals like this are only "luggage labels", but anybody researching your family history in the future will thank you.

End of OT,

Hi 602,

Regarding medals, the USA award their veterans Cold War medal, which us that served in the UK services during that period can claim. Unfortunately our wonderful government does not recognise it as a legitimate campaign, so our ex-servicemen (and women I guess) get nothing.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi David,

End of OT,

I'm afraid that our boys and gals these days don't get anywhere near the recognition that they deserve.

However the majority of those who serve their country prefer not to be in the limelight, but just feel appreciated for what they have done.

It is appauling that desk jockey's of whitehall, brussels and the pentagon decide if a sortie is genuine or not.

After all they wouldn't even get their hands dirty let alone get off their upholstered chairs.

Steve L.

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm afraid that our boys and gals these days don't get anywhere near the recognition that they deserve.

However the majority of those who serve their country prefer not to be in the limelight, but just feel appreciated for what they have done.

It is appauling that desk jockey's of whitehall, brussels and the pentagon decide if a sortie is genuine or not.

After all they wouldn't even get their hands dirty let alone get off their upholstered chairs.

Steve L.
The desk jockey's get the medals for sending our boys and girls to their deaths, how can that be right?

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Can somebody please tell me how some people get on the road. Today I had a woman driving towards me in a car covered in ice, she was trying to wipe the window as she drove peering through a misty clearish patch on the screen that was about the size of an A4 page as she drifted on to my side of the road.

On the motorway a man with a flat tyre virtually stopped in his lane before he decided to pull between the cones andover on to the hard shoulder, his windows and mirrors were all iced up. Vehicles were all over the place trying to miss him and others.

In bad weather

CLEAN & CLEAR THE WINDOWS, BONNET, ROOF & MIRRORS

before you pull away and then may be a few more people will live through the bad weather.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts