Driving Standards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just returned from a weekend away, the trip included a 40 mile trip on the M40. Traveling at 60mph southbound I was overtaken by five caravans at over 70mph. On the return trip I was passed by Three vans one of which was nothing short of a complete lunatic at a speed of at least 80mph, no wing mirrors, useing all three lanes with out any signals, This was a van of approx 14ft with bikes inside towed by an Astra, wich appeared to be over weight judging by its performance. There seems to be a trend to see who can tow the fastest, two vans that passed me in convoy then ran side by side for several miles. IS this the latest MACHO game. It is not suprising that caravans end upside down, hopfuly one idiot less on the road. Three of these ofenders had their reg no passed to police, but unfortunatley unless they catch them there is no evidence, And they know it.

This can be very scarey for inexperienced drivers, let alone other trafic.

It is no wonder that caravaners get a bad name,People who dont tow think we are all the same.

Jim M

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is one reason that we now carry a video camera with us in the car when we are caravanning.

Get video evidence of these lunatics and give it to the police.

Caravanners have a bad enough press as it is. Getting the more insane of them off the road is a step in the right direction.

Towing a caravan at over 80mph, is nothing short of madness, and they obviously don't consider their own lives, never mind other people's.

There seems to be a very worrying trend lately where people wrongly think that they 'are in control' when towing at speed.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

They are an accident waiting to happen, and they just might kill you, and your loved ones in the process.

SHOP THEM !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unfortunately it's all types of driving which has deteriorated recently. I have the misfortune to travel on the M6/60/61/65 and 66 most days, and can honestly say lane discipline is none existant, and everybody wants the 15foot of road my Mondeo currently occupies.

I don't notice much difference whether towing or solo, so now just go with the flow, set the cruise control and let the muppets get on with their version of the wacky races.

This is what happens when you have one trick ponies (speed cameras), even Lancashire which has the 2nd largest network of motorways after the Midlands has cut back on traffic cars, which are a visible deterrent.

IMHO

Andrew

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
This is one reason that we now carry a video camera with us in the car when we are caravanning.

Get video evidence of these lunatics and give it to the police.

Caravanners have a bad enough press as it is. Getting the more insane of them off the road is a step in the right direction.

Towing a caravan at over 80mph, is nothing short of madness, and they obviously don't consider their own lives, never mind other people's.

There seems to be a very worrying trend lately where people wrongly think that they 'are in control' when towing at speed.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

They are an accident waiting to happen, and they just might kill you, and your loved ones in the process.

SHOP THEM !!
Your video evidence would not stand up in a court of law, as your speedo will not have been calibrated for accuracy it is hard enough for police without so called do gooders trying to input their own snap shots.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts