Dry January/Fat Club

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We are now half way through Dry January-not that I am counting the days ( hours, minutes, seconds) or anything. Have lost the Christmas weight. ( Still working on the rest of it :unsure:)
How are others going on with their healthier living plans?
mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’m walking more with the target of 5 miles a day. Most Christmas goodies have been dispatched. But not going for dry January as 6 or so units a week, if that much, aren’t worth dropping.

Reactions: Mel
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We decided Not to go Dry January, that way we will not fail , but with Mrs H loosing 5lbs since Xmas and myself just loosing 3 lbs we are happy. Mrs H just recieved text message from our GP surgery, this afternoon and she is now booked in for Covid Jab tomorrow morning at 10.30. So we will abstain from having a drink until at least next Thursday.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The last time that we had a drink was in October at the Woosiefest, and even then neither of us had much.
I don't seem to be losing any weight, Herself never puts any weight on so I don't think that alcohol intake affects weight gain or loss in both of our cases.
Because of Carole's broken ankle the culinary duties have all fallen to me since before Christmas.
My home cooked grub must be very nutritious 😋

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Short time on this planet ,enjoy it to the best of yourability. No dry anything for us! No vegan uary either, just sensible five a day some meat free days everything in moderation and exercise( dog walking hence we are rarely dry!)and treats when we feel like it.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Having a drink is not a consideration with my own dietary needs, just sensible eating enables me to maintain a steady weight, nothing to excess......... Little and often, with a treat, best way for me to go.

Reactions: Mel and JezzerB

TRENDING THREADS