Duck2 GO

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm fed up with BING trying to take over my life, and the intrusive nature of the Chat Ai is not required, but even then BING searches are cluttered. Does anyone on the Forum use Duck2 Go which is rated for MAC, and IOS devices.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Are you talking Bing or Duck2 Go? Bing has moved to AI and veers towards chat searches. A no no especially if in the lounge as who want to hear me talking to a phone whilst they are reading or watching tv. Do I don’t use that feature anyway.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I use Firefox as a Browser with Duckduckgo set as my default search engine. In addition I have two add-ons to block tracking and ads.

I'm also running Win 10 and have Bing search disabled in that.

It seems both MS and Google are forcing AI on us in the latest updates and I'm trying to avoid that as far as possible.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I used to have Firefox when I had a Windows PC but now I’m all Apple with MAC, iPad and iPhones. Not sure Firefox does them all.

Edit. Mozilla’s website does say it covers MAC and IOS too, Will give it a try.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
I've tried DuckDuck go in various forms, I've also tried Brave and Firefox. Duck Duck was a real no as it didn't return the data I wanted from searches and actuallyy blocked some sites I wanted to view (like my bank) Firefox I have ramped up most of its security settings and has caused me some issues but I have reduced its settings a little and added ublock origin to help, which it does admirably. Brave seems a one stop sorts it all out so I use it occasinally when my Firefox settings are a little too aggresive .
I don't think there is one thing fits all solution. The duck for me is useless. Brave is very good indeed but my main choice is Firefox with settings enhanced but with ublock origin as an added extension.
Oh - and I also use Google as may main search engine. All the others I've tried have failed to return the results I want!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts