Duinrell, Wassenaar, Holland, any comments

Jul 21, 2006
Visit site
Thinking about a trip to this place, it looks great for children and not to far for a 1st trip abroad, any comments on the place would be most welcome, any info on the different pitch types would also be appreciated.

Regards

Mark

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Dear Mark

Went here with 2 teenagers and a dog last May 1/2 term. Pitches quite crowded, no privacy, some bigger than others. Great site for kids, loads to do. Nicely laid out and attractive, very large to walk from one place to another though. Good shops across the road from site, nice beach down the road, and local Aldi/costco in the local town for cheap food. Would recommend, although difficult to sleep at night as very noisy. Attracts lots of foreigners who don't seem to want to go to bed! Kids will love it though, lots for young and old (some very scary rollercoasters not for the faint hearted).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed there on a CC rally some years ago

Its a bit crowded which is why I presume the have the "droppings"

One evening they loaded the kids into a van and "dropped" them off to find their own way back to the site!!

One way of reducing the overcrowding

Can't imagine it still goes on these days!

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Have been there twice but did not take the caravan, and glad I didnt. We stayed in one of their "Duingalows" which were great and the kids loved the pool and fairground, but when we looked in the touring areas some of the vans were so close together we saw one person pass something out of their window to their neighbour, who was also leaning out of their window. Whether or not that has changed I dont know but that was in peak season.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts