Dulverton or Looe

May 28, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone visited the Caravan Club sites in Looe (Cornwall) or Dulverton Lakeside (Somerset).What are the facilities like and any recommendations for places to go, things NOT to miss (have 2 kids 7 and 10).Obviously everyone wants to do different things but other peoples opinions always give you a head start when planning.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had almost two weeks at Looe last year twoards the end of august.

The site is very busy but very clean. We were on hard standing right to the bottom of the site so it was a good walk up hil to go swimming and to the office etc. We loved it the pool was as warm as any and the children were in it every day for as long as we would allow. The pool is small but you will understand busy and quiat times, pool attendants always on hand.

Crabbing in pool harbour provided hours of endless fun for me and the children, Mrs F read her book. Surfing amused the children.

Best caravan / beach holiday we've had .

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
I havent been to either of the sites. But im not far from Dulverton and i've holiday'ed at Looe several times.

Dulverton is almost on Exmoor, of course its very pretty and scenic and your a short drive to the north coast resorts of Lynton, Lynmouth, Porlock, Minehead and Dunster Beach, so lots of beaches to exlpore. The inland villages of Dulverton, Bampton, Dunster, Exford are all very pretty with your usual country pubs and little shops etc. (Dunster is very pretty and you have Dunster Castle to explore). I would say the best things to do in this area are walking, fishing,exploring the area, days out on the moor, beaches etc. For the kids a nice day out is taking the steam train to Minehead (starts from Bishops lydeard in somerset) which winds its way through the countryside along the coast to minehead itself. You could go into Butlins if you want a bit more action and the kids could enjoy the rides/amusements etc.

Looe is very nice also, lots of lovely beaches in the area, cornish fishing villages to explore. You could do the Eden project if you havent done that yet. For the kids - if you want to drive further down - you have Flambards theme park near Helston, and the seal sanctuary at Gweek. Lots to do, you can be as relaxed or active as you want.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Lakeside about 3 years ago, when it was a fairly basic but very nice site in an absolutely lovely area. It has now had a full makeover by the CC, with all pitches on the level(when we were there,hardly any were). We'd like to go back and try it ourselves.

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts