Dumfries area of Scotland

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
We're thinking of trying this part of Scotland in September but can't decide on a site. We're members of both clubs and fancy using a 5 van site,though would consider any site, any recommendations? Have heard that tv reception can be a problem, is this true?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try the Bladnoch Distillery.It's a Caravan Club CL inside a distillery. If you can get on the riverside pitch, it is beautiful. About 60 miles west of Dumfries, in Wigtown.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colliepal,

The Caravan Club show photos of a few Cl's in that area

1.P483 under the heading New Abbey ( very bottom of the page ) Landis Farm,which looks lovely.

2.P484--under Stranraer.....Greenloch House....this looks like paradise.

Haven't stayed at any of these,but have chosen to keep them on our list.

3.On the West Coast....Page 484 under Sandhead is a beautiful little hamlet called Port Logan.Muldaddie house CL sits high up with wonderful views over the bay.Went to see this place and thought it looked great....although might be tricky when a gale blows in.

I think the CL at the distillery which Emmerson mentioned is in fact a CS.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
know exactly what you mean,my 2 cockers spaniels just love brighouse bay,near kirkudbright.i,m sure you wouldnt be disapointed there
My son and his young family go to Brighouse Bay each year.It is a great spot to have a holiday.There is a web-site to look at,

www.gillespie-leisure.co.uk

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
LMAOOOOOOO gawd woman, you know how to confuse a silly b*gger like me. I thought "funny, I've never noticed pics in the handbook " so I got it out of the drawer and looked at page 483 and found no pics. Now I did think I was losing it at this stage but then thought ahhhhhh, she probably meant the website heheheh!

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I would recommend Brighouse Bay. This is the exact opposite of a 5 van CL but really is a fantastic site. TV is a problem in that area but you can get a pitch with TV hook-up. There is plenty to do in Dumfries & Galloway including the Galloway Forest Park which is the largest forest park in the UK - that should keep your dogs happy.

Mar 13, 2006
Visit site
just keep an eye on your dogs in galloway forest park.it has quite a lot of adders,as a few unlucky dogs have found to their cost.just make a little noise and you wont see them.the forest drive is lovely and so is the otter pool,although last time we were there the otter (bronze)had been stolen

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Well I've scoured both clubs listings for 5 van sites in this area of Scotland and still can' decide, it always seems much of a guess as to whether a 5 van site wil suit, still plenty of time yet.

Anyone bought the 5 van site DVD's that the Caravan Club are selling?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts