duvalay by raskelf - anyone got one?

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Thinking of getting a couple of duvalays for next season, has anyone got experience of them? what are your opinions?
Have got a B&M Bargains 1" memory foam at the moment with a nice quality sleeping bag on top, but Hubby complains of backache.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I suffer from osteo-arthritis in the spine (and many other places) - in 30 years the best nights' sleep I've had were regularly in our 17-year old caravan with worn-out cushions, originally just 4" thick, so it was like sleeping on a barn door.
In our present caravan with 6" cushions, I just use 30-year old Polywarm sleeping bags on top - it's as good as our expensive orthopedic bed at home.
Soft is no good for bad backs.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We had Raskelf single mattresses and two of them cost us nearly £160. Raskelf stuff is very expensive for what you get. You can buy the same or better quality online for less. Have you tried Jonic?

May 8, 2010
Visit site
He gets a stiff neck and shoulders rather than lower back pain, I wonder if new pillows would help more?
We have an 'L' shaped lounge which makes up to a 4'6" bed, at home we have a 6' superking so there is a lot less room.
Any suggestions are welcome, except 'buy a new caravan'
I have consisdered getting the cushions refilled but again this is expensive.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Just get a high density memory foam topper. We have one that we bought from a proper bed shop. Cost about £90 for a double bed size but is very comfortabkle as it is very supportive. Their is a weight factor however so bear that in mind.

May 8, 2010
Visit site
£90 sounds a lot better than nearly £300 so will look into it, our sleepingbag was £50 so would be reluctant to ditch it as well, I think the problem is the seat cushions, they are really comfy to sit on but are a bit of a jigsaw when made into a bed.

In our ancient Dethleffs, with skinny foam (but with out knee rolls) cushion we were both really comfy.

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
We have two Rasklef Duvalay's and think they are brilliant, yes they are expencive but too say you can get the same quality cheaper is just not true, we looked far and hard before buying and have never regreted it, my wife has a bad bad, two major ops and she loves it, if we were to lose them we would go out and buy them again. The only downside is they fold up quite big in the bag but we just store them in the back of the car in the day, there is only 3 of us though, and two dogs.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Hugh you say they fold up big, they quote 29cm an up to 32cm if l recall won't they fit under the front beds, we have 2012 Unicorn Madrid where we don't use the front lockers, l was thinking they would go in there, if not definitely under the side dinette seats. We have seen them online for the summer one 2.5cm thick for 79.99 from Rasklef web. We would definitely not need the winter ones as even with a summer duvet it’s to hot. Is the 2.5 cm no use do you require the 4cm we want to get it right.
NigelH
NigelH

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
We have a new Sterling Elite Emerald and I do have to say they poss will go under the front seats but a squeeze, as we have other stuff there we leave them either made up if being lazy, in the awning or back of the car, we do have an S Max so quiet big, everything in caravanning is a compromise, but we feel the Duvalet is worth it.Ours is the 4 cm and so good, never slept better in a caravan, we had a fixed bed with a memory foam topper before, which I liked but my wife did not.

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Caved in and sent for 2 x 5cm summer 4.5 tog duvalys plus 2 storage bags as there is 20% off at the Moment, still expensive though.Having them as Xmas pressie. Will put old memory foam on spare bed so it is not wasted.
Don't know what to do with sleeping bags though.

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
You will not regret it, I agree expencive, but then everything is to me nowdays ! Best sleep we have ever had in the caravan.
One thing when you wash the covers do not tumble dry, like someone we know did, shrunk a bit now hard to get in the mattress and quilt.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
l think we will go for the 4 cm thick ones summer tog, l am sure they will go under the side dinette in the Madrid with ease. Will miss the sale won't be having them before Christmas, thanks for the tip on tumble dry.
Nigelh

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Duvalays have arrived, look nice quality, rolled them out onto our bed and tried them, seems like plenty of room and foam is supportive. We will not be caravanning again until end of Feb so can't try them out properly until then. We went for the 5cm summer and they are certainly warm enough. The roll size is quite big so we might have to store them in the car boot.
They seem easier to pack away then our memory foam sleeping bag combo.

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I like feathers but they make my husband sneeze, so duck down is out. Would love a fixed bed but it is not an option for the next few years at least. I did get a lotto ticket though so you never know...........

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Graham Derby said:
We have a fixed bed with a memory foam topper and on top of that a duck down duvet, you just sink into them , mmmmmm nice !!!!
Us too, with mattress topper (more to keep the mattress in good shape) - but with a goose down duvet! The best thing EVER about a fixed bed is never having to rearrange the cushions to make up and take down the bed! It's also very, very, very comfortable!

spardoe

Administrator
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just been onto the Raskelf website and spotted they have a 20% sale on all memory foam mattresses and pillows.

It has been running all week and ends today so you'll have to be quick to grab a bargain.

Heres the link http://www.raskelf.com/home.php

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts