DVLA/V5c

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've not yet received the V5c for my Talbot Camper after waiting the six weeks that DVLA want for this simple task..There appears to be a problem in communication; its lost in the post or something, and it will take six weeks and a fee of £25 to get one to me, in spite of the fact that I taxed the van six weeks ago.
The problem is, I'm taking it to France on Saturday! If I remember correctly the requirement is to provide proof of ownership, so will the sales invoice surffice?

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Done that, and have the sales invoice in with all the other travel docs.
I've travelled Europe for the last 14 years and never been asked for any documents...........yet!
And just to add to life's rich pageant, I've lost my Debit card! Reported, and new one ordered, which they say will be here by Friday.
Only, last time this happened, about ten years ago, it took three weeks!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
It all worked out OK though, Dianne, and we've just got back from a lovely couple of weeks with Dutch friends at Camping la Chaumiere, in a CAMPER VAN! No, I haven't gone over to the dark side, it was bought as an experiment. We may keep it, but it will never replace our beloved Royale!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just realised your talking about campervans and not caravans.
Although we aren the good guys and girls, you need to be asking on a campervan website.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
No EH, I was talking about log books! Whether it be a camper or a car, the documentation is the same.
I wasn't aware that caravans needed log books.They didn't when I bought my first one 49 years ago!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Emmerson, when your touring in Europe, you require your caravan registration as well as your car or campervan regs. And the originals not copies, but my printer makes fantasic, copies, never been asked for them though.
Oh and sorry posted late after a couple of wines.
Best regards
Hutch.
Rereading, I would think sales invoice might just suffice unless you get a grumpy Gendarme. .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Ok, but the CRIS regs cover for Europe.
Hic, ☺
CRIS documents do not (added by edit) constitute as a registration document. It is I believe a UK only process operated by the a commercial company, not on behalf or by a Government department.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
EH52ARH said:
Hic, ☺
CRIS documents do constitute as a registration document. It is I believe a UK only process operated by the a commercial company, not on behalf or by a Government department.
Prof, did you miss out the word "not" in that post? Are you on the plonk as well? :)
I think I'll join you, but mine's a Laphraoig!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
emmerson said:
ProfJohnL said:
EH52ARH said:
Hic, ☺
CRIS documents do constitute as a registration document. It is I believe a UK only process operated by the a commercial company, not on behalf or by a Government department.
Prof, did you miss out the word "not" in that post? Are you on the plonk as well? :)

Oh Boy found out at last, That single malt was glorious, Iv'e corrected the post

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
emmerson said:
ProfJohnL said:
EH52ARH said:
Hic, ☺

Oh Boy found out at last, That single malt was glorious, Iv'e corrected the post

And put the apostrophe in the wrong place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Prof, being a bit picky now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
emmerson said:
ProfJohnL said:
emmerson said:
ProfJohnL said:
EH52ARH said:
Hic, ☺

And put the apostrophe in the wrong place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Prof, being a bit picky now.

:huh: I didn't think alcohol stayed in the system that long ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts