Dynamic pricing

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
What that like has it got a nice taste ?🍺
I and I Hutch frequent various places called Red Lion.
My one has a Microbrewery at the back. Brewed as Hopkettle beers.
I can thoroughly recommend them particularly the light coloured IPAs. If you you prefer dark then you will enjoy the North Wall.🍺🍺

Reactions: Beachball and Hutch
Aug 9, 2024
Visit site
Another CAMC moan... I should leave really.

We've just booked in to a commercial site with a CL tagged on to the side, in Norfolk. You name it, they've got it, fully serviced private pitches with underfloor heating in the loos... can't wait. 6 nights, 150 quid.

I go to book a CAMC site with no facilities to break up our journey home, a hardstanding in a forest with a tap and EHU. Double the cost.

I'm struggling to justify my renewal in January.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Another CAMC moan... I should leave really.

We've just booked in to a commercial site with a CL tagged on to the side, in Norfolk. You name it, they've got it, fully serviced private pitches with underfloor heating in the loos... can't wait. 6 nights, 150 quid.

I go to book a CAMC site with no facilities to break up our journey home, a hardstanding in a forest with a tap and EHU. Double the cost.

I'm struggling to justify my renewal in January.
When I last went to the Old Brick Kilns in November 2020 the CLs were fully booked but were £38 per night. The sites own top grade FSP were cheaper at £34 and nearer the facilities too. Here’s the takeaway Sunday lunch on arrival evening. Covid precautions still in place, so the bar wasn’t too convivial. IMG_1556.jpeg

Reactions: klaus_von

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We avoid CAMC sites because of the pricing but stay members for the excellent CLs and the Mayday and Red Pennant breakdown cover. Also you get 15% off in Mountain Warehouse and discounts in other shops that we use. This has paid for this year’s membership. I do wonder if more and more CL’s are going to become independent of CAMC though.
BTW if Fred Drift is getting a round in, mine’s a Prosecco.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We avoid CAMC sites because of the pricing but stay members for the excellent CLs and the Mayday and Red Pennant breakdown cover. Also you get 15% off in Mountain Warehouse and discounts in other shops that we use. This has paid for this year’s membership. I do wonder if more and more CL’s are going to become independent of CAMC though.
There are a number of other organisations, besides CAMC and CCC, who are licenced to exempt 5-van sites from the normal local authority licencing regime - its entirely possible that someone may create a web-based organisation to licence and promote 5-van sites - perhaps UKCampsite or Scottish Camping - if they do, I'd be one of the first to join.

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
Talking of Fred Drift, as I started this dynamic pricing topic, I'm with Fred. . Having a pint in The Honeypot Inn (with CL access through the car park). . Cheers

Aug 9, 2024
Visit site
When I last went to the Old Brick Kilns in November 2020 the CLs were fully booked but were £38 per night. The sites own top grade FSP were cheaper at £34 and nearer the facilities too. Here’s the takeaway Sunday lunch on arrival evening. Covid precautions still in place, so the bar wasn’t too convivial. View attachment 7496
Well I'm jealous, no need to keep takeaway Sunday lunches to covid times, it sounds like a great plan for any arrival evening.

Yes, we try to get to Norfolk at least once a year but usually the coast (we were married in Cley and the other half has more digits than normal) so thought we'd give brick kilns a go. It looks like we've dropped on mid/low season even though it's over half term, hence the significant cost difference.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm jealous, no need to keep takeaway Sunday lunches to covid times, it sounds like a great plan for any arrival evening.

Yes, we try to get to Norfolk at least once a year but usually the coast (we were married in Cley and the other half has more digits than normal) so thought we'd give brick kilns a go. It looks like we've dropped on mid/low season even though it's over half term, hence the significant cost difference.
We have been to TOBK a number of times and always enjoyed our visits. Our very first visit we had to move the caravan on account of acorns dropping on the roof. In two weeks we are off to Snettisham adjacent to the RSPB reserve.. May not be a good place for a spaniel with high prey drive!

Reactions: klaus_von

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts