Early Bird Bookings?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is our first year caravanning. We have heard that you have to book now to get a site in the school holidays. We don't get our holiday dates through until December. Surely other people in the same situation must either book and lose deposits or let down sites at the last minute. What are your experiences?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Michelle, welcome to the best family hobby there is! We've never had to book that early, but then we do mostly use C/Club CL's - virtually no amenities, but nearly always superb locations and virtually no noise!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Michele,

If you are booking a caravan club site you cannot start to book until the beginning of Dec. If you wish to go at Easter it is a good idea to book asap. I have never had a problem booking after christmas - good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Depends very much where you want to go. If you're after Devon or Cornwall, near the beach in late July or August, you might need to get your skates on. If, on the other hand, you are looking for something in the middle of Essex for late May or early June, you can probably turn up on the day. I would suggest that, as soon as you know your holiday dates and where you want to go, get on the phone and ask about availability. It always seems a shame to me that the great advantage of caravanning, i.e. just drifting off where the fancy takes you, is gradually being eroded with booking being essential, deposits paid and even campsite owners asking for payment in advance (so you can't sneek off mid-week if the site doesn't suit).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts