Easter Rally

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Yes I know its not a rally, but its easier than saying "easter practical caravan forum users caravan get together"

So what is the up to date list of things to do?

Wine tasting

Kids games

Wine tasting

green laning

Wine tasting

West mids safari park

Wine tasting

Who is defiantly going? I have a list of

Tina

Brian

Steve

Lutz

Mark

Lol

Gooner

CliveV

Lisa

Roy

Lolly

Is there anyone else? I am a mod on another forum, is it alright to point the users over to join in?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wine tasting sounds good!

I suggested this as a good way of all getting together.

I suggested a while ago that we all bought a few bottles of our own favourites so we could all wander about and try the wines.

Then a few of the wines could be blind tasted in a not too serious competition to see we can put the name to the wine.

If we all bring our own plastic wine glasses as well then the organisation required will be minimal.

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Plastic wine glasses?? How incongruous!! For wine tasting it's got to be crystal glass. I'm sure Lord Brakewynde would agree one must keep a modicum of style on such an occasion.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Steve,I thought the whole idea of the meet was for Forum members to get together so I think to throw it open to anybody distracts from that initial idea.

If however you friends are caravanners and would like to contribute to this Forum they would be more than welcome.Brian.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hmm, drinking and then driving! I suppose that's not illegal as you're not on the highway but a tad dangerous never the less.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve

The following are coming at the moment:

Tina

Brian

Steve

Lutz

Mark

Lol

Gooner

CliveV

A friend of Clive's

Lisa

Roy

Lolly

That's 12 units

A reminder - for anyone who hasn't already let me know, can you tell me the ages of children and whether girl or boy.

Thanks.

Lisa

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Steve

Tina

Brian

Steve

Lutz

Mark

Lol

Gooner

CliveV

A friend of Clive's

Lisa

Roy

Lolly

That's 12 units

A reminder - for anyone who hasn't already let me know, can you tell me the ages of children and whether girl or boy.

Thanks.

Lisa
Hi Lisa

Got 1 daughter aged 10

Thanks

Lolly

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hmm, drinking and then driving! I suppose that's not illegal as you're not on the highway but a tad dangerous never the less.
Pete

The offer still stands if you'd like to sit next to me in a scary 4x4.

Lisa

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

Not Sure but did you remember to mention we are having wine tasting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s would love a do at green laning !!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Plastic wine glasses?? How incongruous!! For wine tasting it's got to be crystal glass. I'm sure Lord Brakewynde would agree one must keep a modicum of style on such an occasion.
L.B isn't coming Lutz! So the only level of style we need is that we don't take the corks off the bottles with our teeth. That rule only applies when there is someone watching though....

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hey Lol, watch it!!!

I'll email a picture of my pups dad to you in a bit, now that's scary.

Lisa.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All, There seems to be a great deal of interest and effort going into the 'wine tasting' idea. What about those of us who are teetotal?

Does anybody want to taste my home made taramasalata & turnip milk-shake? !!

Does anyone play Boules? What about organising a knockout tournament?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good idea Gooner, a boules tournament should go down well, I would like to ask though, "Are there any rules to throwing the things"?

The milk shake sounds great too, put me down for one after the wine taste, oh and could you bring a bucket too?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes there are rules to the throwing of boules, and if I organise a tournament these would be strictly enforced with any defaulters being force-fed more of my home made milk-shake mixtures!

I usually make them in a bucket Lol so that will be available once everybody's had a plastic glass full!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes there are rules to the throwing of boules, and if I organise a tournament these would be strictly enforced with any defaulters being force-fed more of my home made milk-shake mixtures!

I usually make them in a bucket Lol so that will be available once everybody's had a plastic glass full!
I can see your thinking ahead on this one Gooner; strict enforcement of the law can only be a good thing. I think I still have a set of handcuffs (no, never been a policeman) for those flouting their ASBO's. One question on the milkshake if you don't mind, once you have concocted your great sounding recipe, and let us all share, what if there is more left in the bucket than what you started with?

Don't answer that, just means there's more to go round!

Mmmmmmm turnips, hang on, just drooled on my KB......

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can see your thinking ahead on this one Gooner; strict enforcement of the law can only be a good thing. I think I still have a set of handcuffs (no, never been a policeman) for those flouting their ASBO's. One question on the milkshake if you don't mind, once you have concocted your great sounding recipe, and let us all share, what if there is more left in the bucket than what you started with?

Don't answer that, just means there's more to go round!

Mmmmmmm turnips, hang on, just drooled on my KB......
Ye-e-e-es! Seems like there may be a slight flaw in my planning Lol, better have a rethink on the bucket situation, don't want to be taking too much home with me!!

As for the handcuffs? If I'd known it was to be one of those kind of meets I'd have booked earlier!!

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Steve

Tina

Brian

Steve

Lutz

Mark

Lol

Gooner

CliveV

A friend of Clive's

Lisa

Roy

Lolly

That's 12 units

Thanks.

Lisa
Hi Lisa, I think you already know but I'll say it again ,2 boys who will be 5 and 7 at easter.Brian

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Idea

It seems that a marquee is a good idea but a pain to sort out. So how about using 3 LARGE vans in a very loose semicircle with the FULL awnings facing in like so.

_

/

They will not have to be close to each other and with the sides open will give everyone cover from any rain. The site field is large so the owners could be convinced to let this happen (not breaking anyones privacy or site rules etc.

I was not going to use the full awning, but will if it will help.

Steve

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Idea

It seems that a marquee is a good idea but a pain to sort out. So how about using 3 LARGE vans in a very loose semicircle with the FULL awnings facing in like so.

_

/

They will not have to be close to each other and with the sides open will give everyone cover from any rain. The site field is large so the owners could be convinced to let this happen (not breaking anyones privacy or site rules etc.

I was not going to use the full awning, but will if it will help.

Steve
ok the forum removed the spaces.

..._

./...

Ignore the dots

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think the gazzebos linked together would probably be better, doesn't tie up anyones awning that way. As for the idea of using large vans to create a loose semi-circle, I think that has merit if the weather isn't so good, but to be honest, this will be my first rally/gathering, so what do I know?

TRENDING THREADS