Elddis Crusader Aurora

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
In a weak moment I purchased the above from the NEC. Everyone likes Swift, nobody likes the Pegasus interior, I have had an Elddis Hurricane for the last 7 years with no trouble at all with this van.

I think that I have made the right choice. do yotu agree?

I believe I obtained a good deal for the Aurora by paying only £450 more than a new Pegasus.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Roy,

Congratulations upon your purchase! I for one don't like Bailey's generally (personal choice). If you get a good caravan from whoever the manufacturer is, then great. I've had a succession of Abbeys (5), and generally they've given little trouble, and I'm very picky. We changed last year to a Lunar. What a disaster that's proven to be! Leaky Lunars still exist - we have one! However, I'm sure that there are many Lunar owners who are highly delighted with theirs.

I too like the look of the Elddis, but the Dealer with whom I deal said that he would not supply any of their products, although he could. The reasons are as follows. Elddis (or whatever they've been called over the years) have wanted hime toseel their products and in the first instance asked him to carry out warranty work on their behalf as they'd not got a Dealer in his area. He did so, and apparently has had nothing but grief since. It would seem that if a customer has needed a part specific to Elddis they've been VERY slow in producing the part, up to nine months was one item quoted. It's a shame because they do look good.

Having said that, if your van has given you good service in the past, I'm sure you'll be delighted with your new one.

Happy caravanning!

Nigel.

Jun 30, 2005
Visit site
We too have just bought a Crusader Aurora but the 2009 model!

How do you find yours ? Any feedback on the Crusader would be great. We currently have an Elddis and happy with the build.

I too dislike Bailey - even more now with that little black locker box... to me it looks like Dougal from the Magic Roundabout!

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
I dont think you should ask the "i think that i have made the right choice .do you agree?" as whatever you buy there are always people who love or hate or had a bad experience etc.

This will start to put doubt in your mind.

The main thing is you are happy and it does what you want it to do.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Recently looked at crusader hurricane, got to say very impressed.

A proper sink with a drainer, not like the bailey offering of a bit of cheap plastic!

A thetford frigde, in loo of the peg offering from bailey, which supply the dometec that has broken 3 times in 6 years for me, always the 240v element.

A quality built in microwave in stainless? not like the cheap and nasty bailey offering, surrounded with naff plastic.

A better than bailey cooker and hob, looks good quality.

A really nice sized shower, not the silly walk in type as used by bailey, which uses up space that could be used for storage?

Access lockers fitted to the exterior, for under the bunk.

Standard chest of drawers, not suddenly an extra, to give a lower max weight?

Posh looking chrome looking grab handles, rather than led strips.

I could go on.

Generally a class above my 2004 senator, but reflected in the sticker price.

Shame though that it is a traditional build.

Jun 30, 2005
Visit site
Well.

Eldiss Crusader Aurora? FANTASTIC all round.

So pleased with it, if you can afford it and you can tow it, really do go to the next level as you will be so pleased. The difference in quality between the Odyssey and Crusader is astounding.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts