Elddis Crusader Super Storm

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Looking at buying a 2007 or 2008 Superstorm, is there any problems I should be looking for with this van, or would anyone recommend something similar. Have looked at a Hobby but am very wary of the reputation. Help please!

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
We had a 2006 one,its a heavy van but well put together and the only problem we had during ownership was the pcb in the Truma fire replaced.

We never used the bunks and use to leave the rear end made up.Lots and lots of space.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
We had a 2006 one,its a heavy van but well put together and the only problem we had during ownership was the pcb in the Truma fire replaced.

We never used the bunks and use to leave the rear end made up.Lots and lots of space.
Not too worried about the weight of the van as i will be towing with a LandRover Disco 3, just want to get the best van for my monies, Love the look of the superstorm, but like the space and build quality of the hobby, not sure of the legalities of towing the twin axel on the uk roads, The disco will pull 3500KG legally. think i read somewhere that you need a towing capacity of 3501KG?????? would 1kg make that much difference or would you risk 3 points and

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Not too worried about the weight of the van as i will be towing with a LandRover Disco 3, just want to get the best van for my monies, Love the look of the superstorm, but like the space and build quality of the hobby, not sure of the legalities of towing the twin axel on the uk roads, The disco will pull 3500KG legally. think i read somewhere that you need a towing capacity of 3501KG?????? would 1kg make that much difference or would you risk 3 points and

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The Elddis Crusader Superstorm has an MTPLM of around 1900kg, depending on the model year, so you need to to have a car with a maximum permissible towload to cover that, not 3500kg. You are confusing the issue with towing a caravan which is wider than 2.3m, which the Superstorm is not. Such caravans require a towing vehicle with a GVW of over 3500kg in the UK, not a towing capacity of over 3500kg.

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Check the van has updated lockers.

There should be a lip above the door to prevent water ingress. Known fault..

Apart from that Grrrrrrrr8 van :)

Emma

May 10, 2009
Visit site
There is a slight lip which overhangs the actual door/flap.

Sorry for the poor explanation but point this out to the dealer and specifically ask him.

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
We tow a SuperSirocco (same van-different layout) with a Disco 3 V6 Diesel. Piece of cake. We bought it used and it needed a few minor jobs doing to get it ready. Only real problem we encountered was the battery charger failing (easy to replace

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts