Elddis superstorm no sockets or fire?

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Help please! A friend of mine has a 2007 superstorm and has lost all sockets and fire, we've checked all of the couloured fuses and their all fine but were now wondering if the breaker in the wardrobe may have become faulty? The description on the breaker on the right is sockets fire wet locker? Please help :-/

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If the circuit breaker has tripped re-set it and connect the caravan to a 240v ehu.
Try each socket in turn to see if the circuit breaker trips which would identify a faulty socket, don't forget the socket in the wet locker. Then try the fire separately. If the breaker hasn't yet tripped try each appliance that is plugged in to the 240v sockets in case one of the appliances is faulty.

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi, nothing seems to have tripped and all the fuses are fine, this is why we we're wondering if the breaker itself could be faulty? None of the electric sockets are working neither is the electric fire but the mains lights and water heater do work?

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
There is a test button in the wardrobe with the 2 circuit breakers. Should we press this when their on or off and what would this confirm? I thought if they were both on and the fuses were all ok it wouldn't have anything to do with the test button?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes, connect to the 240v and with the mcb's on press the button. If the mcb's trip this indicates that they are working.

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
I had a very similar problem with all my electrics failing, we were on site and late at night everything went.
The following morning I checked and tested just about everything which could possibly cause this total power shutdown - all to no avail. I eventually unscrewed the front of the power unit in the wardrobe and pulled the unit out of the casing to find that the connector had completely come away from the socket, ( just like a kettle socket), I pushed it back in and were were sorted.
I can't think how this could have worked loose but could only think it wasn't plugged in properly when the caravan was new.
Hope this helps in some way.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Are all the breakers in the up position?
Have you definatley got mains coming into the van via the caravan lead? ie check that first with an electrical meter.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Just another thought for you, the switch on some circuit breakers need to be fully moved to the off position, before attempting to reset. That is for example if the breaker trips into say the downwards position before switching it back up you need to push it completely down then lift it back to the on position.
I have no idea if your circuit breakers are like this but I suggest it as another thing to check.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts