Elddis Wisp 510

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Hiya

Just purchased my first ever van which is a Elddis Wisp 510 (6 berth) 1990 but all the wiring has been altered, was just wondering if anyone had a handbook or could take some photos of the wiring in their own van to help me re-wire mine

Thanks in advance :)

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Hiya Woodlands Camper

Thanks for the reply, firstly there is no cables going to where the battery is stored, the RCD box has been bypassed with terminal blocks and then there are loose wires going in all directions to the 2 plugs and 2 240v lights. The 12v lights work but not wired up, not sure about the fridge yet and havent tried the taps yet either.

Hope this helps

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Elddis may be able to supply a wiring diagram, but in your position I would be inclined to get the van rewired by a qualified electrician for your own safety and that of your family.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Damian beat me to it.

Hello Neil,

From what you tell us I agree, you should be worried about the wiring. If the RCD has been bypassed, it makes me wonder why, and it raises real concerns for what else may have been tampered with. Is it safe?

The mains wiring in a caravan is not vastly complex and a qualified electrician would not be mystified by how it should be wired, as it must follow the 17th edition wiring regulations and the 12v system should follow the NCC's guidelines on wiring.

Incorrect wiring of both 230V ac and 12V dc can be dangerous.

I must be blunt and run the risk of being accused of wearing a jobs for the boys hat, but if you need to ask about how it should be wired then you should seriously consider employing an electrician to sort it out and certify the mains side.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts