Electronic Stabiliser for Caravans

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
For anyone going to Lickhill Manor over Easter and staying until we leave, I may be able to arrange a demonstration of how the electronic stabiliser works on my caravan after we've packed and secured everything inside and we're ready to move off. All I need is a wide open space free from traffic where I can try to throw the caravan into a deliberate snake. Don't worry, it sounds more dramatic than it is, as I have full faith in the product.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
There is a sensor in the back of the caravan which measures the sway, in essence an accelerometer. As soon as the sideways movement in both directions exceeds a certain threshold value, the electronics deploy the brakes of the caravan and 'pull' it straight again.

There was a feature article on the system in the July 2004 of Practical Caravan. You can find a copy of it here:

http://www.bl-trading.de/engl.html

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Wow Lutz sounds like a great bit of kit. I wont be at Lickhill unfortunatly,. Prahaps someone could video it and put it on the net for all of us to watch??

Kevin H

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lutz,

Is this the new Al-Ko ATC (Al-Ko trailer control) System I,ve been reading about? Due on the market in 2007 for new and restrospective, cost to be around

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Yes, it is true that AlKo intend to market an electronic stabiliser system in 2007 but at the moment I believe they have problems with patent rights. The LEAS stabiliser which I have on my caravan works on exactly the same principle and the 2 companies are currently negotiating together to find a mutually acceptable solution.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts