Electronic Stabilisers, A Comparison

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Even if you don't understand a word of German, you may be interested in a video produced by the German Caravaning magazine showing the behaviour of an outfit without and with an electronic stabiliser (the accompanying report was featured in the May issue of the same magazine):

Click here to view

In both cases, the two very similar caravans were loaded to 1500kg and had the same tyre equipment. The LMC has an AlKo chassis, the TEC a BPW one. The former was fitted with AlKo ATC, which is already on the market, and the BPW chassis had their brand new IDC system which will become available in the summer. To dramatise the results, both had the noseweight set to only 10kg and load distribution was concentrated at both ends. In conclusion, both systems proved to be about equally good.

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
Very Interesting-amazing how much German I can remember from three years at RAF Laarbruch in the 70's!It's a pity that it has not got a "translate to English" tab as some other web sites have.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The video gives a really good idea of what these syatems are capable of. My car would not swerve as well solo as did the Outlander and badly laden van!

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Very impressive , especially the speed of bringing the units under control . Very impressed with the speed the cameraman moved are well , I think he didn't expect that , 1500kgs of caravan coming at you sideways must get the old rectum quivering .---- STEVE .

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Thats what I call a caravan magazine,the video/article was very impressive.Maybe PC might consider doing acomparison test on the BPW SWING system and the ALKO-ATC.It would certainly make the magazine more worth buying.

TRENDING THREADS