Emergency Alert

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Actually both our Android phones are updated regularly so no complaints there. In our case I suspect it is the network and not the phone.
Reading your previous posts I see that you are connected via WiFi rather than to a mast. This my be the issue as from my understanding the alert comes via a phone mast not broadband. Alerts can be triggered from a single mast for local warnings. So if your phone cannot "see" the mast it may as well be switched off

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Reading your previous posts I see that you are connected via WiFi rather than to a mast. This my be the issue as from my understanding the alert comes via a phone mast not broadband. Alerts can be triggered from a single mast for local warnings. So if your phone cannot "see" the mast it may as well be switched off

We use the wifi connection for Whatsapp, messages, texts, voice calls etc so would have thought an emergency alert will come through?

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
We use the wifi connection for Whatsapp, messages, texts, voice calls etc so would have thought an emergency alert will come through?
I would think not.
The alert comes from the local phone mast. Your broadband connectio is to a server many miles away (I am in Leicester and my connectio via internet is to Maidenhead.
As your phone is not connected to the 3G/4G/5G /SMS network at home I don't see how it would receive the alert

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I would think not.
The alert comes from the local phone mast. Your broadband connectio is to a server many miles away (I am in Leicester and my connectio via internet is to Maidenhead.
As your phone is not connected to the 3G/4G/5G /SMS network at home I don't see how it would receive the alert
Thanks. I think our area is still 2G or maybe 3G. If I go outside and walk up the slight incline I may get a signal, but not always as it does seem to depend on the weather. Although in a rural area. we are just over 6 miles from the city centre.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts