Emergency Alert

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Just had an Australia morning. First my sister in Melbourne, then linked to a live feed for a funeral in Adelaide.

The guests were asked to turn off or silence their mobiles, nevertheless. There is always one. At the end of the service, there was silent reflection. Someone's phone went off, but it was a small child's voice. It caused a bit of laughter. But then the service was considerably more relaxed than I am used to over here. We even got a wave back to the UK. The final song was Ding-Dong, The witch is dead.

The mild swearing and clapping were also a bit different! But overall very well done.

John

Reactions: Hutch

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Supposedly it was issued but my phone never got it. Someone nearby got something but earlier than it was supposed to be.

I know my phone can respond because I've had alerts in other countries.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
According to my offspring who are on various Facebook things and forums and what have you. Lots of people didn’t get it and many people got it some minutes later.
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Supposedly it was issued but my phone never got it. Someone nearby got something but earlier than it was supposed to be.

I know my phone can respond because I've had alerts in other countries.

Mine arrived at 14.58 and ceased as soon as I tapped the phone. It left a bilingual swipe down notification on the start screen.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We were in the pub, just finished a nice roast, (lamb). A few people in the room had the alert sporadically. My friend's wife then got it, Then at 17 mins past my wife got it. My friend may have got his when I went to the loo. I am still waiting 2 hours later.

Just pleased we are not in a flood-risk area.

So a bit of a non-event.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Same as Parksy, We didn't get. The alert but one of our friends at the same table did at 14.58 same network,
And as for Cloughie showing off about being able to eat out and having Lamb, well , makes me envious,
The smell of the lamb, mint sauce on New Jersey Royal potatoes, and fresh green garden peas. Ohhhhh.
Edit.
Just had Sirloin steak with the peas and Potatoes. Yum yum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Same as Parksy, We didn't get. The alert but one of our friends at the same table did at 14.58 same network,
And as for Cloughie showing off about being able to eat out and having Lamb, well , makes me envious,
The smell of the lamb, mint sauce on New Jersey Royal potatoes, and fresh green garden peas. Ohhhhh.
Edit.
Just had Sirloin steak with the peas and Potatoes. Yum yum.

They charged a £1 pemium for lamb! £12.95, but beautifully done.

Have a drool on me.

John

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mell, you know me too well, today was the exception, travelling home from family meeting, I will admit many phones going off but not really a PANIC situation as the Mail On Line will state tomorrow. It surely can only be helpful.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have two different Samsung phones and neither of us got the alert. We are on the Three network and get communication through our router as no signal in our area.

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Seems like quite a few people on Three didn't get it - our son's girlfriend is on Three and didn't. I was with a group of people and all except two of us got it, they're both on ID Mobile.

But surely that's the point of doing tests - to find out any problems with the system so they can be resolved before it's a real emergency.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Seems like quite a few people on Three didn't get it - our son's girlfriend is on Three and didn't. I was with a group of people and all except two of us got it, they're both on ID Mobile.

But surely that's the point of doing tests - to find out any problems with the system so they can be resolved before it's a real emergency.
Yep didn't bother us in the least that we did not get the text and only realised when we saw it on the news at10.30pm.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

lt was reported that Three were particularly bad. But OH and I are both on Three, and were sitting next to each other, sho got it, I didn't.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The specific Phone OS requirements are IOS >=14.5 and android >=11
We are on v13 for android, but nothing. Surely there must be millions of people with older phones whether Smartphones or not who have not received an update for several years? OH will not update her phone and always asks me to do it so I assume many other people are wary of updates to thei phone?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We are on v13 for android, but nothing. Surely there must be millions of people with older phones whether Smartphones or not who have not received an update for several years? OH will not update her phone and always asks me to do it so I assume many other people are wary of updates to thei phone?
Android do have a reputation updates that take a long while to be offered except for Google pixel which are more like Apple in so far that updates are more regular. I always keep phones tablets and MAC updated. That way security fixes are timely and relevant.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Android do have a reputation updates that take a long while to be offered except for Google pixel which are more like Apple in so far that updates are more regular. I always keep phones tablets and MAC updated. That way security fixes are timely and relevant.
Actually both our Android phones are updated regularly so no complaints there. In our case I suspect it is the network and not the phone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts