Emmerson's holiday

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're off to France for five weeks on Saturday. The car's been serviced (by me, so I know it's been done properly), the caravan likewise, and I think we've remembered everything. However, there's bound to be something left behind. This is our first "foreign" trip with the 'van, so we're just a little apprehensive at the moment, but I'm sure that with forty years UK & Ireland experience behind us, we'll cope. However, we're not to old to learn from others experience, so any tips would be gratefully received. Please try to behave yourselves whilst I'm away!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Behave???? - impossible!!

Have a great time. Don't forget the tea bags - nothing like your own favourite brand after settin up.

Are you touring or staying put?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Behave???? - impossible!!

Have a great time. Don't forget the tea bags - nothing like your own favourite brand after settin up.

Are you touring or staying put?
Thanks for the tip re tea bags, mate.Herself would have been a right misery without her cuppa! we're starting in lille, then visiting my brothernear Cosne in the loire, hopefully Dordogne, then meeting up for a Royale rally in the Vendee, then a quick visit to Stuart's site near Saumur, then home on Sept 28th. (that's the plan. It may change)

G

Main tip remember to drive on the right.

Have something in your sight line on your right to keep reminding you it has to be on the kerb side as you drive.

Most find they remember at first, a few days in they head onto an empty road and then curse the fool that then comes the other way on the wrong side before the penny drops. Keep looking at your right hand reminder as you start on your way and you are less likely to meet the head on problem.

Enjoy your trip and don't lose the toll road tickets between entry and exit as we did when our kids were youngsters and wanted to inspect it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Main tip remember to drive on the right.

Have something in your sight line on your right to keep reminding you it has to be on the kerb side as you drive.

Most find they remember at first, a few days in they head onto an empty road and then curse the fool that then comes the other way on the wrong side before the penny drops. Keep looking at your right hand reminder as you start on your way and you are less likely to meet the head on problem.

Enjoy your trip and don't lose the toll road tickets between entry and exit as we did when our kids were youngsters and wanted to inspect it.
Herself has made a large red arrow to stick on the dash. We've also bought a little gadget called "qstart" which verbally reminds you to drive on the right every time you switch on the ignition. Brilliant little toy, from qstartreminders.com

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a great time Emmerson,and we'll expect a full report when you come back.
lady M, after five weeks away, I don't think the forum will be big enough to hold a full report, but I promise you, We'll have a great time!!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Have a good holiday Emmerson

I always work on the basis driver to the kerb when on the continent.

When you have stopped for lunch or services etc thats when you need to take care, as it's easily done to start out on the wrong side!!!!.

Have a good time it only needs a little extra care.

Val & Frank

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a good holiday Emmerson

I always work on the basis driver to the kerb when on the continent.

When you have stopped for lunch or services etc thats when you need to take care, as it's easily done to start out on the wrong side!!!!.

Have a good time it only needs a little extra care.

Val & Frank

Val & Frank
Cheers folks. How's that new outfit? Are the tyres muddy yet?

G

Don't forget "when in Rome". So on our lovely French beaches make sure your wife uses that lotion when topless and you'll need to do the same when promanading your white bits in your thong.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Emmerson

New outfit fine no mud on the wheels yet and there won't be.

We are not taking it out in the rain.!!!!! I feel like I am the new security guard at the storage site I have been there that many times to look at the van and check it out.

If I wasn't driving across to Prague at the end of the month I would have gone to France for a few weeks as well. Enjoy yourselves

Val & Frank

Val & Frank

TRENDING THREADS