Emovis tag,worth it?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are planning on going to the dordogne this summer,from Caen down to sarlat.We will definitely be using the tolls,never used the tag before,but CAMC have them on offer.Has anyone used them and are they worth it for one trip a year,many thanks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Friends of ours only go once a year and they consider the advantages really useful. This June they are off to the south and will be using one. Saves the hassle of paying by cash or trying to sidle up to the card machine. Means the Co pilot can go to sleep too.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes, well worth it, We had one for about 12 years, the last4 years we only went through Europe twice a year, so much more easy on the paege. Charged the following month, and when we finished the contract got the cost of the tag refunded, no problem.
Go for it.
Sarlat and Montingnac, lovley places, hope you like Duck, duck and duck to eat.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Cheers all,think I’ll get it sorted.We last went to sarlat 10yrs ago,lovely area and hopefully a lovely trip this year.
Lou Bombareau in Montignac is a lovely place to eat, nice outdoor seating right in the Center of the town. Check out La table de Jeanne in Coly a lovely auberge. Serve a great 3 course lunch. Some good forest trails in that area not too taxing, although one defeated my Sorento and I finished up backing into John Snow’s hideaway cottage deep in the forest.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That one place i like to visit myself but i do use tag myself on tolls i find it great just driving through and not stopping to pay

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Lou Bombareau in Montignac is a lovely place to eat, nice outdoor seating right in the Center of the town. Check out La table de Jeanne in Coly a lovely auberge. Serve a great 3 course lunch. Some good forest trails in that area not too taxing, although one defeated my Sorento and I finished up backing into John Snow’s hideaway cottage deep in the forest.

Look great (y)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We were going to France it 2020. Didn’t happen due to COVID, but we debated whether the Tag was worth it. Asked on this forum; and what convinced us was the advice that the barriers/ bollards between toll booths are not generous and getting payment in on some involved contortions through the car window, especially with a van on the back. Trip never happened so can’t speak from experience, but if we go in the future, would get one.
mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We were going to France it 2020. Didn’t happen due to COVID, but we debated whether the Tag was worth it. Asked on this forum; and what convinced us was the advice that the barriers/ bollards between toll booths are not generous and getting payment in on some involved contortions through the car window, especially with a van on the back. Trip never happened so can’t speak from experience, but if we go in the future, would get one.
mel
You are correct paying by cash or card machine does involve getting the outfit close to the Peage operator or the card machine. In rural areas there may not be an operator as you pay to leave so only the card machine.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
mel
The tag is well worth it as payment has to be on the passenger side and invariably when towing a caravan the passenger has to get out of the vehicle. We had the SAnef tag off the CAMC.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Well worth the small outlay for these tags. Up until covid, we went to France for years on end and it wasn’t until the last few years we got a tag. Three benefits for me. 1) The wife doesn’t have to hang out of the window trying to pay anymore. 2) we purchased an 8foot wide caravan so those few inches made all the difference in the narrow aisles. 3) you avoid loads of queues by going through the designated lane and wave at everyone who’s been overtaking you for the last hour or so 😂

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 17, 2022
Visit site
We are planning on going to the dordogne this summer,from Caen down to sarlat.We will definitely be using the tolls,never used the tag before,but CAMC have them on offer.Has anyone used them and are they worth it for one trip a year,many thanks.
For the small annual fee they are a bargain. Not worrying about losing the ticket is worth the cost in itself (long time ago, Fiat Tempra, ashtray was safe storage place, dismantling at the booth when it swallowed the ticket......).

Not towed a caravan with one yet but I recommend them to anyone.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts