Empty Shelves😥

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Shocked to see our Lidl store had numerous empty shelves yesterday. Hope it’s not a sign of the times.
Surprised yours has taken so long to show the gaps. Ours has been a bit sparse for well over a month now, particularly the drinks section, and dairy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Westbury, Wiltshire has had shortages for the last month, eggs, water crisps notably , thank goodness for Aldi, they seem to have plenty of everything.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We nearly always shop at Lidl on a Thusday morning, shelves are always stocked, but we went the other week on a Wednesday and low on stock . Maybe it is just the day you go.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Hope supermarkets are not suffering such shortages in France!
Will shortly report back if any issues but can't see that there will be. I'm sure most produce required will be sourced and shipped from somewhere in Europe.
Mind you if it's only the heatwave causing the deficit ..........................!!!

Aug 6, 2022
Visit site
from what I understand, it's not so much food shortages it's the lack of HGV drivers. I expect you notice , if you shop around that what one shop is short of another shop will have. Another thing to bear in mind is the fact that more folk are now shopping at Lidl and Aldi, so the shelves are being emptied more quickly. Our local Lidl are advertising for staff. We normally use Sainsburys, but we also shop around. We stopped shopping at Tesco as a lot of their goods went up and we went to Morrisons today and too expensive for us so we didn't buy anything, so we went to Lidl and got all my shopping.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I will let you know tomorrow about Our Lidl, don't need much apart from wine and some pasta, if we get short we could always go to the caravan and raid the storage shelf.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I make my own dog food, I just throw all the ingredients in my instant pot and press stew, it's so easy and works out cheaper.
Think I will stick with the approach that’s stood us in good stead since the late 1960s and dogs living to a good age. Present one 15+

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site
Think I will stick with the approach that’s stood us in good stead since the late 1960s and dogs living to a good age. Present one 15+
That's a great age for a dog what breed is it and what brand of food do you use? My dogs only 12 months (Lagotto Romagnolo)... hopefully I won't kill her off with my cooking :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
For 30 years all my Springer Spaniels lived very well on Burns holistic dry dog food. Chicken and rice with all the protein and trace elements. No complaints👍

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That's a great age for a dog what breed is it and what brand of food do you use? My dogs only 12 months (Lagotto Romagnolo)... hopefully I won't kill her off with my cooking :)
I’ve use dried dog foods (15 kg sack) ) supplanted with wet ( tinned) with occasional cooked veg, chicken or rice for variety. Generally a working dog food as it’s VAT free too. Present one is Chudleys Senior. My dog is a English Springer. Her buddy had to be put to sleep mid May just short of her 15 th birthday as she had become very frail and had lost her hearing, and had dementia. A typical old person 😃 Other than when a dog has died of cancer, or had a stroke most have gone on to 15 years.

Ive never heard of a Lagotto Romagnolo, but googling the breed it looks to be a really nice companion, and being a game dog like a Springer must have lots of character.

Heres the present pooch

16523BEA-175A-49DF-86F8-AC8F65841F96.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DayDreamer
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve use dried dog foods (15 kg sack) ) supplanted with wet ( tinned) with occasional cooked veg, chicken or rice for variety. Generally a working dog food as it’s VAT free too. Present one is Chudleys Senior. My dog is a English Springer. Her buddy had to be put to sleep mid May just short of her 15 th birthday as she had become very frail and had lost her hearing, and had dementia. A typical old person 😃 Other than when a dog has died of cancer, or had a stroke most have gone on to 15 years.

Ive never heard of a Lagotto Romagnolo, but googling the breed it looks to be a really nice companion, and being a game dog like a Springer must have lots of character.

Heres the present pooch

View attachment 3773
Looking great

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We normally have the Sainsbury's delivery on a Tuesday and then top up at LIDL. However due to Mrs B being in hospital I have not been for the past 3 weeks. Prior to that there was the occasional shortage like no napkins.

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site

Heres the present pooch

View attachment 3773
Yes my breeder uses them as a gun dog and has sold several to game keepers in Scotland.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts