If you don't need to have battery in caravan for a security system, then remove it and use a smart charger.
A fully charged battery is OK left for 2 months, but then comes the rub, I use a Lidi smart charger and because I had the ability I monitored it power use on my PC. So return home using motor mover so battery needs recharging and within 20 minutes charger has gone into 0.8A charge mode and by next day 0.1A which for my battery not in best of heath is it. So 24 hours recharged.
However due to an error I left the battery discharged for some time. Now the charging patten is very different, the first bit is the same, but then for two weeks the charger was swapping between 0.1A and 0.8A as it recovered from sulphation. So after that first two months when you come to recharge the battery it will need a week for the battery to absorb the charge, this is the nature of lead acid batteries they take time to charge.
With a new caravan you can simply plug the caravan in and let the built in charger look after the battery, however as the battery gets older the chance of a shorted cell becomes higher, nothing you can do to stop this, but if it happens then you need to stop charging the battery, at first a bed egg smell, then as it over charges the remaining good cells it could in the end explode. So using the caravans built in charger is OK if at home where you will notice the smell, but if unattended you want a battery charger with a very low output so if a cell goes short circuit no further damage will happen. The Lidi charger is great for this, however if there is a power failure it does not auto restart, the Ctek MS 08 will restart automatic, the larger MSX 3.8 is better to recharge a battery but the MS 08 is better for maintaining unattended as max output is 0.8A as is the Lidi charger once it reaches that stage but Ctek can return to 3.8A charge automatic.
I hope you never get a shorted cell on a battery, it does not happen very often, but if you are unlikely to smell the tell tail bad egg smell better not to have a charger able to charge at 18A or more. It will likely take more than a week to dry out battery to a point where a spark could cause it to explode, but it can also damage the built in charger I was lucky charger survived.
I have lived in a touring caravan all year around, I have had pipe freeze, they did not burst, I have had aqua role freeze, real pain to took ages to thaw out again, and no damage, insulation on modern caravans is much improved, likely nothing will freeze inside the caravan, but really don't want to drink water 6 month old so in a weeks time will drain the hot water tank, I find caravan does get damp so I turn on heating on low setting a week before next use.