English grammar

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
shiraz,

totally agree with you about books and reading.I like yourself am an avid reader.I have encouraged both my own children and grandchildren to read.

My grandchildren are working there way through what I would call some of the classics and loving it.

Books open the world to everyone and I think its a shame if kids are not given the chance and encouraged to read.
John - I applaud you when you say that you encourage by example your children and grand children to read. I shake my head in dismay when local authorities propose cuts in library spending as this is the first step to a reduction in a service that was hard won in the distant past.

my stance is that the local library is the source of material for learning about life etc. and it is therefore open to all, whatever background you come from.

I am pleased to see that the modern communication systems are being used along side the library and whilst I love reading I now engage myself in the computing world.

for my 70th. birthday my son bought me a iPod and I found that is marvellous. I have downloaded a trial talking book and can now listen to my favourite music and books whilst doing my chores. please keep a watchfull eye on the lobby which seeks to take away a service which was hard won by our fathers in the not to distant past.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts