Enough is Enough!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Tricky one kev. If you tell her before you go then she will think you have been planning. Us women know that allowing men to plan is a bad thing. If you just get up on Sunday morning holding yout head then she will feel contemptuous at your pathetic presentation and whilst she may drive home the resulting grief you will get doesn't bear thinking about.
Suggest you spend Saturday afternoon telling her how wonderful she is (but don't overdo it; subtlety is key) then drop in your wish to have a skinful but your worry about imposing the driving on her; look pathetic and wait to be rescued.
When she is driving back on Sunday do not; repeat do not: tell her how to do it or criticise in any way; no matter how white your knuckles are as you grip the edge of the seat.
Out of loyalty to my gender i really oughtn't to be telling you this but you are next in line to the Woosie throne.
mel

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Aah yes the weather in our GREEN and pleasant land!!! My little brother, now in his 50s, has always been of the opinion that green means wet!!! eg;- Ireland,Wales and "Oop North". I am now converted to this belief based on our last 2 trips.This will be our last try at touring GB and we shall be returning to La Belle(dry)France.Himself has toyed with the idea of trading in the van for a submarine but they are hard to find these days!.I have just been searching for some lightweight waterproofs when I should be looking for sun screen.I love my country but it does not love me back. The good news is that we have nice weather to clean and dry the awnings and mats before our next trip.
Thursdays Child

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have been at Brean since last Sunday and due to leave this Friday. Don't fancy packing up in the rain so will be leaving for home on Wednesday before rain arrives on Thursday! Wettest summer holiday we have ever had! No fun being cooped up day after day. Okay for a weekend but not several days.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Tricky one kev. If you tell her before you go then she will think you have been planning. Us women know that allowing men to plan is a bad thing. If you just get up on Sunday morning holding yout head then she will feel contemptuous at your pathetic presentation and whilst she may drive home the resulting grief you will get doesn't bear thinking about.
Suggest you spend Saturday afternoon telling her how wonderful she is (but don't overdo it; subtlety is key) then drop in your wish to have a skinful but your worry about imposing the driving on her; look pathetic and wait to be rescued.
When she is driving back on Sunday do not; repeat do not: tell her how to do it or criticise in any way; no matter how white your knuckles are as you grip the edge of the seat.
Out of loyalty to my gender i really oughtn't to be telling you this but you are next in line to the Woosie throne.
mel

Thanks for giving me the insight of you lady folks Mel, decided to take your advice and try it out, wish me luck.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thursdays Child said:
Aah yes the weather in our GREEN and pleasant land!!! My little brother, now in his 50s, has always been of the opinion that green means wet!!! eg;- Ireland,Wales and "Oop North". I am now converted to this belief based on our last 2 trips.This will be our last try at touring GB and we shall be returning to La Belle(dry)France.Himself has toyed with the idea of trading in the van for a submarine but they are hard to find these days!.I have just been searching for some lightweight waterproofs when I should be looking for sun screen.I love my country but it does not love me back. The good news is that we have nice weather to clean and dry the awnings and mats before our next trip.
Thursdays Child
Dame TC so nice to hear from you again, have you been away?
You can assure your little brother that it rains down South as well.
smiley-wink.gif

Dame TC dont know if you have looked on the Woosie Topic lately but if you go back a couple of pages you will see there is to be a
Woosie get together in October, and as a full member you are entitled and most welcome to join the rest of us if it is not too far for you and you dont have any other plans.
Take care.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gave our caravan a good dose of Mr Fenwicks patent grime emulsifier this afternoon, we had bright sunshine when we did ours.
Herself 'helped' me for the first time ever, she enjoyed squirting the hose (no hosepipe ban here!) and she said that she can see what the attraction is with blokes and hosepipes. Not altogether sure that I know what she meant by that
smiley-embarassed.gif

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Kev kev kev me old mucker i feel you`re pain in the rain buddy.Just wished we would have some mate cant wash van or car still on hose pipe ban.I was in newton abbot yesterday i should have popped in for a couple of buckets to bring home with me.Mind you i was in penzance last thursday and i thought it was the end of the world parked up fully loaded and was blown about all night wind and rain like i`ve never seen before.As for you`re plan forget it never try to out smart the finer sex mate they seem to have us sussed or i`m a bad liar.good luck and get a good brolly

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
What rain, thought we were havin a drought this summer HA HA

Seriously tho' we seem to have been fairly lucky with the weather since taking up caravanning. We've had mainly dry holidays, including Glencoe which has to be one of the wettest places on the planet. We cought the tail end of huriicane catrina last year at Pembrey but it was still dry mst of the time.
Just back from Bo Peep and had some rain over night and on Friday but a couple of dry hot days before hand. The main problem was the wind on the return journey yesterday (sat 23rd) which only seemed to be affecting us judging by the number of other 'vans which passed us.

Oh well, only 3 weeks till the next time and even if it rains, skins waterproof, and we don't have to entertain children.

John

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
1.gif
WARNING WARNING WARNING
1.gif

smiley-yell.gif
smiley-yell.gif
I am going away on Saturday for 7 Days-------------------------------Amber weather alert forecast
smiley-yell.gif
smiley-yell.gif

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey up Kev!
Can't you postpone travelling til' Sunday? I'm due to go back up 'norf' then due a bit of family minding in Derbyshire before heading home next Friday. Been down Swanage area 17 days and done great for weather. Only had 1 wet shirt and that was sweat (when she told me the price of a pint - I said "hey up lass I only want a pint not the brewery" ) Sat here in lovely sunshine (shower at 8 o'clock) just waiting for the awning to dry before you set off, cos I've been warned about your 'jinx' so looks like I'll be travelling in the wet on Sunday 'cos Kevs on holiday.

It must be lovely being an optimist!!!!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts