Enough is Enough!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok who ever invented the saying "there is no such thing as bad weather only bad clothing" has a screw loose, I'm telling you matey you are wrong!
Why do we brits make out it's Ok to put up with all this rain I mean we have been away on four short breaks so far (4 and 5 nights) and the only dry one we had was two days at Stowford and even then the pitch was a quagmire.
On the last trip we had the heavens opened and there was no sign of it letting up the 5 year old grandson wants occupying so we get out the colouring, finish that and then do the dot to dot "has it stopped yet gaga" no, we can count all the buttons on the front seats, then we count his piggy bank "when can I spend it gaga"!!!!
Then it happens "gaga can we play the DS" now by this time I'm fed up and to add insult to injury I know I'm about to be beaten by a 5 year old on an electronic gizzmo--Grrrrr Yes Jack of course we can!!! And true to my fears yes I get beat. After an hour or so of this I suggest a game of cards, snap perhaps-- yes you guessed it he beat me. “Has it stopped raining yet Gaga”
The rain does starts to ease and Ive got to walk Buddy so the wet weather gear goes on which incidentally is never fully water proof, is it? and off we trot to the dog walk. The mist starts to descend and on walking along the dog walk he is let off the lead and we head towards the big paddock and by the time we get to the paddock he's nowhere to be seen the mist is that dense and he is only about 20 foot in front of me. The mist then starts to disappear as quickly as it came. Then thinking about my next play time with Jack we head back to the van and yes the heavens open again and we are drenched, get back to the van and get the doggy towel out and try to dry him off, then it hits you the wet doggy aroma, Gee he stinks so shout to OH for the doggy deodorant give him a quick blast and he smells better than the OH!!!
“Gaga why cant we go the play area”
Next day we pack up --- in the rain, head home and the sun comes out, great hang the awning out to dry, power wash the groundsheet, oh no you dont the rain has put in another appearance
Why am I writing this -----------ITS RAINING
Is it time to renew the Passport?
Then I could sit in airports for hours on end , eat foreign food that I dont like, try to speak to people that dont understand my lingo, arrive at the hotel in an un godley hour and find the clean bedding has blood on the pillow case, chuck it across the room then jump up and down on it! Then take it to reception throw a tantrum and they then give me a clean one, to put on myself I hasten to add, now have you tried putting a pillow case on in a bad mood?
We are away in the van in next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!----- Don’t think I will need that passport
Happy(wet) caravanning folks.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
agree kev mrs gump and nipper all have had enought so have i just no let up and can not see the future beeing better the all want to go abroad next year carnt dissagree with them .

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Think thy sen lucky 'a' theur li' daahn sahth, it rehns up north ya kna.
smiley-laughing.gif

chill.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
forest gump said:
agree kev mrs gump and nipper all have had enought so have i just no let up and can not see the future beeing better the all want to go abroad next year carnt dissagree with them .

Forest my passport has run out so could you fit me in your suitcase, I aint that big really!!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Join us next year, in France! We follow the weather, and have just had thirty two weeks away, with only four poor days out of the whole holiday! The poor days were when we had cloud - and on only two days did we have any significant rain.
It didn't cost us a fortune out of peak season either:
Ferry £34.00 (solo car, caravan left in storage) would have been £54.00 with the caravan, using the DFDS NEC Code (available in October), free amendments, so can be booked even if you don't have definite dates. £74.00 in PEAK season.
Campsites - average £11.00 per night including pitch, awning and electricity (using ACSI and Camping Cheques in low season) - perhaps less as I had some given -
Diesel €1.30 litre
Wine €1 litre
Lidl chickens €3.49
Lidl steaks €2.89
Huge prawns €5.50 a kilo
Bleu d'Auvergne cheese €7 a kilo
(we don't eat a kilo of either of the above!!!)
Salads, fruit and vegetables cheaper than at home
Sun cream - a small fortune
Meals out - three course from €8
Parking - not a penny - it's free almost everywhere
Amusements - nothing, the sea and the sun were enough

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
thats some of the reasons why we had 2 months in Australia , allthough not cheap to get there , with air fares of £1100 each plus travel insurance , and spending money , and the chance to see our grandson and great grandson , it was well worth it , have been away 3 times since we got back , a total of 18 days and 12 of those days the weather has been crap

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
And for today .........

Yorkshire and Humber

Forecast Summary

Errrrrrrrrrrr !!! we're in June

Today

Early rain moving away, only to be replaced by bright spells and scattered heavy showers, locally with hail and thunder. Some rather gusty winds in some of the heavy showers.

Tonight

The locally very heavy, slow-moving downpours in the north during the evening will die out, but there will be further rain or showers later in the night. A strengthening breeze.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Unfortunately not thiry-two weeks! Much as I would like that! Thirty two days.
But, No it's us that drive on the wrong side - we're in the minority!
Passports are expensive, Yes, but once you get them the World's your Oyster! Life is short - enjoy every day! Do what you want, find the hot weather, and hang the consequences. You can sit at home for ever, for £180 for two passports, you can do what we do, and head for the sun twice a year. Once we get there we don't spend any more money than we would do at home!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Val A. said:
Passports are expensive, Yes, but once you get them the World's your Oyster! Life is short - enjoy every day! Do what you want, find the hot weather, and hang the consequences. You can sit at home for ever, for £180 for two passports, you can do what we do, and head for the sun twice a year. Once we get there we don't spend any more money than we would do at home!

Hi Val, we have actually got the applicatiom forms but have yet to fill them in, we have been to New Zealand twice (not with the caravan) and intend to go again to see OH sister in the next few years.
On the subject of France etc the OH doesnt fancy it but the daughter and I have been working on her for a few years and got nowhere. Oh well must keep trying especially now as the weather is what it is
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kev
Been busy of late so am just catching up with the forum AS IT'S RAINING. After reading your post i was wondering if you could do all us Woosies a favour and stay away from the meet in October as it seems to rain wherever you travel to.
Stay Dry. Ken

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
mucky pup said:
Hi Kev
Been busy of late so am just catching up with the forum AS IT'S RAINING. After reading your post i was wondering if you could do all us Woosies a favour and stay away from the meet in October as it seems to rain wherever you travel to.
Stay Dry. Ken
Now Now Sir Mucky Pup I'm wet the OH is wet the dog is wet and even the van is wet and its going to rain next weekend as the van goes in for it's wet (damp) repair and we are staying there for the weekend before handing it over on Sunday.
And No I cant stay away so looks like you are all to get wet as well
smiley-laughing.gif

By the way IT'S RAINING here as well
2.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sir Gagakev WC ( Bar)

I and Lady Villa think you must have been part of the band Travis in your past.
smiley-laughing.gif

That's why you keep singing and posting "Why does it always rain on me"
smiley-kiss.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Hi Sir Gagakev WC ( Bar)

I and Lady Villa think you must have been part of the band Travis in your past.
smiley-laughing.gif

That's why you keep singing and posting "Why does it always rain on me"
smiley-kiss.gif

Surprise Surprise------------------------Sunshine most of the day today,
smiley-cool.gif
but it doesnt make one bit of differance, I'm not away in the van
smiley-yell.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
sunshine forecast for tomorrow and wednesday; rain again thursday friday.
mel
You're a cheerful sole Lady Mel thanks for that
smiley-cry.gif

Just checked Metcheck and yes I will set up at Stowfolot on Friday in the rain, wake up Saturday in the rain but a clear patch in the afternoon---Whoopee and drive home Sunday in the dry ----------------Story of my life
smiley-frown.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Could be worse kev, could be raining on sunday as well.
mel

Lady Mel, Ive just hatched a plan now if I am going to get wet on the outside I might as well get wet on the inside and stay in the bar all Saturday night and that will force Lady Gaga Mags to drive home on Sunday morning (we wont be towing). She hates driving unless its in our home town and will not drive on dual carraigeways or motorways, this could be the start of something big
smiley-smile.gif

Do you think I should tell her before we go or spring it on her at the weekend?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts