Euro exchange rate

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
This has just recently been 'done' John M - see here: http://www.practicalcaravan.com/newforums/fm_messages.asp?FO=7&FM=436213

Many people state that it hasn't put them off - they'll just tailor their spending to suit circumstances (but I did read a whisper yesterday that the euro is expected to lose quite a lot of value unless the EU takes dramatic action to 'prop up' European banks)! We'll wait and see - but won't buy any euros at the moment, just in case!

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes this question was asked some months back. We are going as normal to Germany and Austria for 2 months in April. For one thing the diesel and food are a lot cheaper in these countries than here. Do not think it will cost a lot more than over here to enjoy our time there and you do not know what will happen to stop you going next year. It will be lovely to get out of the Brown dominated country for a while to.

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
The pound to euro exchange is going to be like this probably for the next 5-10 years (unless we join the Euro Club of course?). So may as well get used to it I guess.

The ferry is certainly cheap this year Norfolk Line

G

There is a party of opinion amomgst the finance community that the Euro will 'crater' later this year. However, they were looking at it against the Dollar not the Pound, however I suspect a correction back towards 1.20 to the Pound is realistic. When?? If I knew that I would be a millionaire. Of course the downside is that the international community thinks Brown has devalued too much while he is throwing money everywhere, and downgrades the Pound. Then we are in serious problems.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I wish I knew how the exchange rate will develop, too. I have an account sitting in the UK and I can't decide whether to transfer the cash or leave it where it is for the time being.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
" wish I knew how the exchange rate will develop, too. I have an account sitting in the UK and I can't decide whether to transfer the cash or leave it where it is for the time being."

Leave it with us Lutz, we need all the help we can get :)

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
We thought for sometime about making the yearlly French holiday, and in the end decided to go for it despite of the euro and the economic climate. We normally travel late july/ earlly august and take a long overnight crossing from portsmouth, this year we are going the last 2 weeks in august and taking the dover - calais option and saving a small fortune. The site at the end of august is

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts