European Breakdown Cover

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I'd write to the ADAC and check whether they accept Visa or Mastercard payments. I presume that the online application form is just a translation of the domestic German one and here in Germany Visa and Mastercard are rapidly going out of fashion. There is a definite trend over here towards acceptance of EC (Maestro) cards only. This should be borne in mind also when touring Germany. Cut price petrol stations don't usually accept Visa or Mastercard, nor do many supermarkets, but Maestro is almost universally accepted.

Jul 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan, I renewed my ADAC Plus Membership last month, a the only way was by bank transfer or cash through the post. ADAC did accept Mastercard when i was actually in one of their offices last year but wouldnt take a Credit Card payment over the phone or online. I was interested in Lutz comments that Visa a Mastercard going out of fashion,Ive just received a posting to Germany (July) so it looks like i will be getting a new experience of banking a personal money management.

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

just joined ADAC by phone and the lady I spoke to could not have been more helpful or explicit about what is covered. She is even sending me maps and info(in german) about the countries we are planning to visit.It seems an excellent service.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

just joined ADAC by phone and the lady I spoke to could not have been more helpful or explicit about what is covered. She is even sending me maps and info(in german) about the countries we are planning to visit.It seems an excellent service.
Glad you saw this posting and joined the ADAC good value isn't it and good service joining. Hope we do not have to use it though. Happy St George's Day from the Black Forest

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi Carolyn

How did you pay for your Membership? My membership is due for renewal in june, I have mastercard and visa and and have used these to pay previously

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Percy, I paid for our adac membership by Visa by Fax a month ago and no problems but you can do it by phone by ringing:-

Kathrin Wenzl at ADAC Tel:- 00 49 851 5903 2573

Fax:- 00 49 851 5903 9200

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS