Eurotunnel Users - Tesco double clubcard promotion ended

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Quote:
Britain’s biggest supermarket chain announced it was scrapping its double Clubcard points reward offer, meaning the scheme will revert to one point for every pound spent. The number of multi-buy promotions will also be scrapped.
Tesco said it would increase the exchange rates on Clubcard vouchers for the most popular rewards, which include deals at Pizza Express, Café Rouge and Strada, from three to four times the value.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/876352-clubcard-points-cut-to-fund-tesco-s-price-war-against-rival-supermarkets#ixzz1YnrkU1fQ
For those who use their Tesco vouchers for Eurotunnel, this is bad news. Let's hope that Eurotunnel is amongst those where the 'exchange rate' will rise to four times the value of the vouchers - otherwise it means a lot of spending to pay for a Eurotunnel crossing for car and caravan.

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Val

Unless I'm wrong Tesco's double clubcard points reward offer refers to the number of points issued for purchases in the store - not for the 3 for one voucher exchange as it applies to the Eurotunnel offer. Although this will reduce the number of points earned by those who mainly earn them on instore shopping, they are earned by other means such as petrol/diesel at single rate, credit cards, Eon electricity/gas - so maybe it is not as bad as it might appear.

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
The Eurotunnel offer still seems to be based on three times the voucher value. We generally only earn about a quarter of our points from in-store shopping, so I'm hoping we will be OK.
We only used the tunnel for the first time last year, since we started collecting Tesco vouchers, and were impressed and want to do it again. Previously we considered it far too expensive, at two or three times the price of Norfolk line.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I seem to remember that they dropped the 4 for 1 deal to the 3 for 1 offer at the same time they introduced double points on shopping. The blurb said it was actually a better deal, which indeed it was for those collecting points in store. I only get the points on fuel and my credit card so this latest change back to single points won’t make any difference to me. However, it would be nice if they reintroduced the 4 for 1 on tunnel tickets but I’m not holding my breath!

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
According to the Rewards website,you still get 3 times points value towards eurotunnel and I have had (an admittedly quick) look on the website and can see no change other than you can only use the vouchers ordered for travel which I thought was normal.I am presuming any spares ordered cant by a meal or anything.So it looks like no change other than 3 for 1 instead of 4 for 1.(I hope)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts