Eurotunnel

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I am travelling to France first 2 weeks of School summer holidays (start 24th July) next year, and would like some advise if to book my tunnel asap or leave longer (perhaps early next year, say Feb). Anyone any experience with availablity issues. Also is the price likely to increase?

Thanks

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In my experience the prices tend to increase as the summer approaches. It's very easy to go on-line and get a quote and you can re-visit at regular intervals to keep an eye on the way prices are going.

As soon as the Caravan Club get their prices together it may be worth looking there. Last year they undercut booking direct by about

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

We used the tunnel last month, only able to book a few weeks in advance, just checked similar dates and times for next year and came up with a seventy six pound saving.

Think i am going to sort out next years dates now and start booking.

Our first tunnel trip and as we had our dog with us we found it absolutely fantastic.

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
The way that prices change suggests that they are controlled by a computer.

On more than one occasion, we have decided upon the dates we intend to travel and checked the train times and costs accordingly. Then, for domestic reasons we need to make some arrangements which mean that we aren't able to make the actual booking before the domestic arrangements are confirmed.

In the delay that this involves ( a day or so ), I keep a regular check on the prices and it is evident that, for an any particular departure time, prices increase in direct relationship to the number of vacancies still available and not the days left before departure.

So if you are travelling at an 'unpopular' time ( midweek - early or late ), the price is less likely to increase than would be the case at a more 'popular' ( convenient ) time.

So if you want a convenient crossing time, the sooner you book the better.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I booked our passage for April 2010 5/6 weeks ago at a good price usually do it Jan 1st but on followoing the prices with the CC website some dates increased in price and some were getting scarce.

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
I booked 5 weeks ago for the last week June/1st week July with CC.This was approx 40 pounds cheaper than booking it with eurotunnel direct.On checking today the price has gone up considerably and there were no vacancies on the two trains I booked. Suggest you get booked now!!

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Don't bother, take the ferry! Relax after your trip to the port with a meal and a nap on the ferry before heading off for the sun or the trip home.

My friends took 40 hours to get from Brussels to Surrey after hours stuck in the tunnel.

Policeman on the BBC news who took control on one of the stranded trains inthe tunnel said he will never go on one again. Just as well it wasn't an emergency like a fire.

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
This latest c**k up hasn't put me off the tunnel. It was Eurostar trains that broke down, not shuttles, but of course they did block the tunnel preventing the shuttle from running. I think overall there are a lot more problems and delays on the ferries and don't forget ferries can have disasters too.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We were stuck for hours in the Tunnel after already having waited 6 hours in the snow at the Folkestone terminal back in February 1996. Looks like no-one has learnt very much since.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts