Ex.storage site with holding money

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 7, 2012
Visit site
If there is a written contract you need to see what it says about cancelation. Youi took out a 12 month contract and to rent the storage space for 12 month and it is you that wants to leave. Unless the contract says something different then the site is within its rights to with hold money until they have re let it. They would be losing money if they returned your money before they could find someone new to take the space so and may have possible expenses so their position is reasonable. I sympathise, but it is you who broke the contract and therefore have no right to a return of fees, except for any contract condition that may apply.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
If there is a written contract you need to see what it says about cancelation. Youi took out a 12 month contract and to rent the storage space for 12 month and it is you that wants to leave. Unless the contract says something different then the site is within its rights to with hold money until they have re let it. They would be losing money if they returned your money before they could find someone new to take the space so and may have possible expenses so their position is reasonable. I sympathise, but it is you who broke the contract and therefore have no right to a return of fees, except for any contract condition that may apply.

Yep.....I do realise that now Raywood.
Thanks for reminding me☹

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Ade my boy, after all your years on here where we rant on about contracts , rights, CRA 2015 So sorry you got caught with your strides down🤪. Let’s hope with all these new caravanners someone takes your slot and the refund comes through.
Maybe in the local press you could advertise a storage plot is available, steering them to your site owners??

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ade my boy, after all your years on here where we rant on about contracts , rights, CRA 2015 So sorry you got caught with your strides down🤪. Let’s hope with all these new caravanners someone takes your slot and the refund comes through.
Maybe in the local press you could advertise a storage plot is available, steering them to your site owners??
Showing your age here Dusty. Local press? It’s Facebook or Instagram so I’m always being told by my kids and theirs too 😂 But we still do take the local weekly paper (and pay for it)

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Not sure the site owners will allow this.

Would they have a say? I once offered to recommend my storage on a forum. The owner said, please don’t. He wanted secrecy as it was a form of security. He was happy to publicise by word of mouth only.

But if it’s a truly commercial site…….

John

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Just an update!!!!

Had a phone call from ex. storage site on Friday.

They are letting my old space out on October 1st. so they are refunding me the remaining 6 months fees that I had paid.

Well.....I've lost 2 months money,but I've gained 6 months fees which the compound owners didn't have to do.
Fair play to them and its taught me a lesson to read contracts more carefully in future.😊

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts