ExpandableRetractable Water Hoses

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I bought one of these when I was down in Mablethorpe at last year's Woosie-Fest, I tried it immediately after buying it and despite 2 'modifications' that I made it still leaked, fortunately I was able to return it to the indoor market for a refund.

I like the idea very much and would like to purchase one that was reliable, even the Hozelock "Superhoze" gets pretty disapointing reviews.

Can anyone recommend one that they have found reliable over a reasonable length of time and usage?

The following Yucky link shows how they are marketted, 'pocket hose' yeah-right :whistle: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Ea5n68qWs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are purchasing a house to provide water to your caravan, it is important it is designed for potable water. I can't comment on these expandable hoses but several of the conventional fittings and hoses use plastics and colourants that are not food grade, and do release chemicals into the water passing through them.

Be especially careful of any products that are yellow. Less scrupulous manufacturers use highly toxic cadmium as part of the composition.

Just check the products are water council approved for potable water.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Don’t worry Prof. My experience is similar to Anseo, they are of such poor quality and leak so badly, that he will never get the water to his mouth. :cheer:
Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mel said:
Don’t worry Prof. My experience is similar to Anseo, they are of such poor quality and leak so badly, that he will never get the water to his mouth. :cheer:
Mel

That may be so but the advice I gave applies to all types of hose and fittings.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Not a direct answer, but if looking for a food grade hose that winds up small then try 'Caravan flat hose food grade' as a search in ebay or elsewhere - you can select one that comes with a reel, or you can buy a round zipped bag to store it all away (try 'Caravan round bag') - the example I tried to include a link for comes with adaptors and float to directly connect to an aquaroll.
Hope this helps you and other readers of the forum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts