Express your feelings on Caravans to inform a design project

Ash

Oct 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi all, I'm a final year student at Coventry University researching sleeper vehicles, which will lead to a design project next year.

I would be very interested to hear your thoughts not just on 'caravan' design, but how you would envisage a new 'sleeper vehicle'. For example, what would you want from a new vehicle, how many people, colour, form, technology, drive? Maybe you just want to stay somewhere just for a night? Try to imagine carvans don't exist!

Any thoughts welcome no matter how outlandish!

Regards

Ashley

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good luck with the project

A bit like trying to reinvent the wheel

On the site at Warwick last week there was a great variety of non caravan based sleepers from the guy with a tent on the roof of his Land Rover to the massive coach built type.

And round the site was the horse racecourse

Sleepers have even been known to be pulled by them but not racehorses as a rule.

You have a difficult task in coming up with something new as "there is nothing new under the sun" as the saying goes.

Good luck and keep us informed of the next generation before some of us are too old to enjoy !!

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi, im quite new to caravaning so have lots of thoughts... I always wonder why caravans are made (mostly) of wood, which is untrated and when the sealent used around the joints fails, will inevitably rot! Yes i know this is to keep costs down and make us buy more but really...

Other thoughts things i need in my van are seating, place to put stuff- cooking area (this could be outside) sanitation, toilet needs to be inside, but again shower could be outside as would be handy coming out of the sea/washing the dog (screens night be handy here!) awnings are great as they double your living space.

I also like the fact that with motorhomes that you can 'park' anywhere' and sleep which you can't really as far as i am aware in a caravan.

Have you actually seen those pop up tents that fix to the roof of cars/4x4's and have awning anex's? I have often thought these were great, but would prefure a hardtop on them.

Also have you seen this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/theBedBug-Teardrop-Camping-Trailer-Caravan-Alternative_W0QQitemZ330038038471QQihZ014QQcategoryZ32633QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Very cool! but has no sanitation, :0(

I think the main thing it has to be cosy and snug!

Jennifer

TRENDING THREADS