Extended wing mirrors

Jun 14, 2019
Visit site
Anybody know which is the best extended mirrors for a ford smax the ones we got from Hallfords kept falling off twice on motorway had to take them off in the finish and drive home without them .incase they fell off and hit another car

Jan 3, 2019
Visit site
I bought a pair of cheap ones on ebay, the kind with the rubber straps that wrap around the whole mirror, have to say they are fantastic, never come close to falling off, the rubber straps really grip to the mirror, the glass isn't the best in the world, but they don't vibrate much and are perfectly adequate.
I got these before i got my caravan as they cost me about a tenner, I figured i would look out for some better ones once I was started touring but I have decided I don't need to.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
+1 for Milenco
Had the Aero mirrors for a Volvo V50 and now the Grand Aero for my XC60. (Same fittings). The top edge of my door mirrors (on both cars) are flat with a black plastic rim, which is separate to the body coloured capping. The pads grip to this and have been in place for thousands of miles and take a few seconds to fit. I'll caveat that with the fact that the black plastic has some flex to it, so it does transfer some vibration to the towing mirrors - your experience may vary.
However, I have found the Grand Aero's more stable on the XC60 than the regular Aero (now kept as emergency spares) especially when the clamps are placed as far apart as possible. Securing to the top edge means I can fold the mirrors, bottom edge will contact the door skin.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I had the Emove EM610 (available on ebay) supplied with a starter kit and they have survived many trips. They are screw clamp on and with dual elastic straps, so doubly secure. I think the Milenco is similar. However on my Focus I had to use the clamps in the bottom of the mirror surround and the clips at the top, the reverse of the illustration on the packaging. This might be worth a try if your housings are similar on the SMax. My preference is for fittings that allow vision rearward in both the car mirrors and the extension mirrors.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We had Milenco Aeros but when we changed cars I had difficulty getting them on securely and one fell off and was lost. I had to use an old strap on model I kept as spare and use my belt to hold the other on. On arriving at the site I ad to visit the nearest dealer and replace them and I got a cheap pair that both clip and strap on which are secure and vibrate less than the Milencos. I would now only buy mirrors that strap on.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Check with Ford - if a towbar is an accessory option, they should have mirrors too, and these will always be better than universal aftermarket

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
chrisn7 said:
Check with Ford - if a towbar is an accessory option, they should have mirrors too, and these will always be better than universal aftermarket

I have never seen OEM accessory towing mirror...

Seems Ford SMAX is no exception.
Ford will sell you all flavours of Towbar, mug you off for a 13 to 7 pin adapter (£20) and fully rip you off for an RF blocking key pouch (£30!) but alas, no towing mirrors.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The Milenco, Grand aero are great, still not rock steady, but ok.

You can get special Wedge feet for different cars, that grip much better and stop the mirrors from vibrating off. .

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've got EMUK mirrors on my BMW. They make specific mirrors for specific cars, so they fit and don't vibrate. They are also expensive - but you get what you pay for. I wouldn't consider anything else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts