Exterior Cleaning

ctj

Feb 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi could anyone recommend what the best product is for removing algae and sap from the exterior, brought the van out of storage and what a mess tried allsorts to remove it but seems as tho its welded on you cant see the roof for it and the front and rear panels are also covered tho not quite as bad, needless to say it wont be going back there. Thanks

May 22, 2006
Visit site
I have just been cleaning algae green stuff from all the alloy mouldings including awning channels and used Aldi `s bathroom cleaner for lime and grime, had good results. spray on and wipe off. Also used it for removing the dull finnish on my van front and rear panels and roof due to it being oxidised then a good waxing, with no ill effects on any paint work and only 79p a trigger spray bottle, worked just as well as abraisive G3 I normally use.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I would strongly recommend you don't use household products on your van. There to harsh for van surfaces. I recommend a thorough wash with a good car shampoo then a Meguirs clay kit for removing sap and all other surface contaminants from the van then give it a polish then a coat of wax. Did this to our 6 year old Bailey last year after buying and I get loads of comments on how new it looks. A lot of hard work but she does gleam!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts