exterior water pump cover/door

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
We have just returned from our 1st trip out in our bailey (we have had severe bad weather!)

on the journey to Wareham forest from Devon the catch had broke on the exterior water pump filter and flew off in the wind...

does anyone know where we could get a replacement door/cover or any other solution.

At the moment it is taped over

Many thanks

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hello Sarah

We picked up our caravan last Saturday, an Adria, Well done for getting the cover off in the first place!If you have a truma water heater like ours the outer cover is almost impossible to remove - I don't know how we are going to get the thing off bar hammering it or something.

Helen

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Helen, if you have the Truma Ultrastore water heater, with the rectangular outer cover, then to easily remove it, on the top edge, there is a cut out in the cover, with a square slightly raised "button" in it.

Press on the button, and slide the cover off towards you.

You need to press reasonably hard, as the underneath cowling is not very "giving"

As with most things, read the manual,it details how to do it.

Why is it so tight a fit,,because it would blow off when travelling if it were a loose fit!!

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
We had the same trouble getting our heater cover off - but then no one had shown us how to do it! It's easy once you know how. Use both thumbs and press the cover in at the top (there should be a mark on the cover). This has the result of lifting the two prongs which secure the cover on. Keep the pressure up on the cover and use your fingers to pull the cover off - simple. Before someone showed me I was levering it off with a screwdriver!

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi Damian

Thanks for the reply, we were trying to do that sort of thing its just superglue tight!!The button is round on this one but I know what you mean.

Helen

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply, yes that is what the diagram shows in the book - maybe if I heat it up a little with the hairdryer it will give more easily.

Helen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts