External main door.

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I am just after some advice if anyone can help. I own a 2019 Elddis Supreme and we have recently had a new door fitted due to the old one warping. Having looked at the new one today I have noticed that the top corner opposite the hinges is sticking out slightly. The lock is a tight fit but the top doesn't seem that tight against the frame. Does anyone else have this issue on there van?. 20200709_171343.jpg

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Agree with Beachball - if it is not a snug fit against the door rubber then what stops the rain getting in? Seems odd that the replacement door also doesn't fit on what is essentially an almost new van!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
A multi catch system would be ideal to prevent warping and perhaps caravans will get to that advancement some day. In the meantime I believe that ideally caravan doors, both internal and external, should be made, chosen or deformed to make them have an opposite warp. In that way when they are closed the fame corrects the error so it appears correct. It is also more draught and rattle proof.

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You are entitled to a satisfactory repair and that does not look like one to me, but that is a matter of opinion. I would go back to the dealer and demand another. I would also check if it is waterproof as that could be critical if the dealer argues about the problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts