F.A.O Andy Swift customer service

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Obviously your the man to contact! My Abbey caravan in currently awaiting a part from yourselves that they tell me wont be ready until 24th April. The part is the stringer/bulkhead whatever you want to call it. The problem with this part has been ongoing since Oct 2007 (unbelievable I know). We have been waiting since July 08 for a reinforced stringer to come into stock to be fitted. We were told the part was in stock and took the caravan to our local dealer to be fitted at the begining of the year. To our horror we have found out that after this lenghty wait it is not the reinforced part and our caravan is awaiting it coming in to stock.

PROBLEM we have our Easter hols booked (of which a deposit has been paid) and should be going away in it Thurs 9th April HELP

the case number is 001419

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Wendy,

I agree this is not very good, I can't check this until Mondaywhen I am back in the office but I will first thing.

Can you email me your details and chassis number to aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk.

Thanks

Andy

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
hi we have a similiar thing we had a bang last sept 08 a guy went into tha back of us however through phone call after phone call all we have had we are awaiting parts how very frustrating we have had to cancel two holidays as we thought by easter it would be done what a joke that was noone seems to really care and you don,t get a phone call from anyone to see how things have progressed i e insureres so long as they get their premuims i don,t suppose they are bothered with after care or so it seems so we still wait our van was an abbey freestyle 540 so not really an old van just nice to know that we are not the only ones out there with this problem jane

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Glad to see i am not the only one been waiting for parts !Sterling moonstone, how do they get away with it ? you pay your money for a new van (oct 07) full of faults, only to have it drag on for nearly one and a half years ! warrantee is it worth it ?, i wonder. Hey presto parts are in ! how ever i still have problem with shower unit now thomson plastics have gone bust ! why did i buy a new van !.

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi K

I don't have any details of who you are so unfortunately I can't comment specifically on your case, but from the information on your post I believe you are waiting a part(s) from Thompson Plastics. As you are aware they went into administration in February. Since then we have worked with the administrator to retrieve tools and materials. We have now found alternative suppliers and tools have been re allocated with back orders now being fulfilled.

In this case where a major industry supplier going bust this has caused major disruption to the industry but we are now fulfilling those orders. If you want me to look into your specific case I will do but I need your details and your van details. aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk

Regards

Andy

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
K

I feel I should explain the situation with regard to the parts for Jane as its not as appears. Following her Caravans accident her insurance company allocated the repairs to a repairer who was not a Swift Group authorized repairer. We had previously not had any dealings with this repairer. The repairer contacted a dealer (not ourselves) to arrange parts on their behalf sometime later. We only received the order for the four parts on the 06/02/09 three of the four parts were dispatched within 2 weeks to the dealer. The fourth part was delayed because Thompson Plastics the supplier went into administration which is outside of our control. The outstanding part for the van is due on the 5th June. We made Jane aware of all of this on the 30th April,

Thanks

Andy

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
K

I feel I should explain the situation with regard to the parts for Jane as its not as appears. Following her Caravans accident her insurance company allocated the repairs to a repairer who was not a Swift Group authorized repairer. We had previously not had any dealings with this repairer. The repairer contacted a dealer (not ourselves) to arrange parts on their behalf sometime later. We only received the order for the four parts on the 06/02/09 three of the four parts were dispatched within 2 weeks to the dealer. The fourth part was delayed because Thompson Plastics the supplier went into administration which is outside of our control. The outstanding part for the van is due on the 5th June. We made Jane aware of all of this on the 30th April,

Thanks

Andy
hi i understand that it was,nt swifts fault in our parts being ordered and understand that if our parts had been ordered by a swift dealer at the time which really our insurers should really have looked into more it maybe would have speeded things up i think for us the problem was that our accident was in sept 08 and the parts were,nt ordered until feb 09 had the parts been orderd alot earlier thompson plastics by then would,nt have ceased operating but because our guy that was doing the ordering for some reason parts were,nt ordered until 5 months later which is what myself and husband can,t understand jane

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts