F1 Grand Prix Fans

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Here you go sadie...http://www.mclaren.com/partners/group.php

If i knew as much about F1 and motorsport as you do, i would need to forget 95% of what i know.

note. Mercedes ARE the biggest shareholder!

and how on earth do you believe they cannot afford to buy mclaren is beyound me!they have tried to twice since 2002,but rons bussiness partner[who owns more than ron] upto know has eld out.

Ferrari. Started the 2007 season with a duel skinned floor,you know what that is right!

Ron dennis pionted out that with a little adapting,it could be used for an unfare advantage.

Ron being a great engineering machanic, could see what others could not. So it was banned, just like so many things in the past by lotus, mclaren, jordan, william, ect ect ect!

Ferrari have been ontop now for a decade, bringing in what was known as the dream team in the mid 90s.

If anyone was silly enough to believe what you have been saying,one has to assume that ross brawn is as crooked as that chap at mclaren was!

Which makes no sense,at least not to sane people,because for the last decade ferrari has been dominent.[that means the best by the way!]

Now each car they have designed has been an evolution of its predicessor! so how anyone can have such an imagination as you do, to suggest they have been cheating for the last two decades is utter tripe.

They simply employed the best! and evolved.

Now then regarding good old ron and max and ernie.

Firstly max has made it clear in interviews that ron knew much more than he would have you believe.This is a bussiness and nice people do not win anything.and ron is a winner.

So by definition ron is has scrupous as the next boss.

As for max, since he took over as president of the FIA ,which incidentally is for all motorsports,not just F1.

Not only has F1 emerged from what was a very bad period both as a sport and financual hardship,but also he has got more manufacturers involved in rallysport, sportscar,and touring cars racing!

So as he comes to the end of his reign, he has done far more good than bad.

Now its a good job i don,t knew nothing about F1, otherwise i would piont out the errors in your other posts......

Somehow i feel that i may have to put you straight on a few more things before this thread ends... so be it.

My next chapter will be on why you have it so wrong about lewis.

and thanks to the pressures being put on him by the high expectations of people like you, he will not be doing anything speical this year.

And if bmw sauber carry on the way they are going,he wont do anything next year either.

I am a Ferrari fan sure, but blind faith aint my scene,i live that to you!

refards gio

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
sadie said."Suggestion that taking another teams designs you can instantly build a faster car is just so ludicrous it is not worth discussing. Last years cars from the two teams were very different legths with different wheel bases."

You almost came across as if you actually knew what you were on about there.But

Ferrar run a longer wheelbase than mclaren,they still do.

For someone who tells me they know more than me about F1, it seems to have past you by that the stolen material, plays no part in adaptations that effect a cars design.

No car designs were stolen,it was system designs and relevant testing acccounts.Something that if used would save you millions on testing or sending you up a blind alley!Where do you get your info from!

It also strikes me that it would have been better if you had said who ran which, [longer or shorter type of wheelbase],rather than they are different,as they are all different,in lengths,just Ferrari run the longest of the top teams.

Some of the stolen data was about tyre performance and degrigation[this is where the text messages came into play]

and Mclaren were using Ferrari data to improve their cars performance!

regards gio.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Note.

Mercedes are not the major shareholders @ McLaren as Mumtalakat increased their holding to 40% towards the end of last year unless the press reports were lies. Mumtalakat is the Gorvernment and with Mansour holding that puts the majority of share in Arab hands and I believe Ron is a partner in TAG so he and Mansour vote together.

(The web site is a little slow on update)

I doubt that anyone believes that Mercedes could just buy out a Governments holding unless the Arabs changed there stance on F1 and motorsport.

Note. Who believes Max Mosely, he and an unfair number of the FIA are Ferrari people.

Note FIA only has jursdiction over some 4 wheel motor sport, but about 122 countries are members of the FIA ,the FIM governs most bike based and sidecar racing so the FIA is not for all motorsports!

Sorry but I didn't realise that a man would not realiase that McLaren and Ferrari get there different wheeelbases partly due to having different sized tubs, data from another car or tyre wear would be of little use. Teams run the same tyres and have different tyre wear, so unless you run the same car, aero package, weight distribution, camber and toe in / toe out and power delivery another teams tyre data is not a lot of good to you. Tyres also change race to race and year to year that's why teams clock so many tyre miles.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
ps.

Mr Giovani I have seen that you delight in attacking others posts.

I have followed motor racing and F1 due to my fathers interest and my husbands job.

I was also involved in race and rallying when younger and have driven an F1 car some years ago.

I've no idea how many F1 pit lanes you have been in or how many F1 garages during a GP but I have been in enough to know many of the teams personal by first name down the pit lane as well as numerous F1 drivers.

Your understanding is based on your interpretation of press reports I assume, but it differs from statements attributed to both Ferarri and the FIA.

If the data was of use to McLaren it could have shown how Farrari bend the rules, plenty of F1 drivers and insiders dispute views such as yours and that includes people who like Ferrari.

You would do well to look out someone like Mark Blundell's articles and look at how he has been treated by the FIA.

Before you shoot off anymore about Max Mosely or Bernie Ecclestone you should take a read of http://www.sportspromedia.com/mosley.htm

For your information if I want a veiw on Lewis re the pressure he is under I'll ask him myself and have chat with Anthony his dad ! We've known them since Lewis was 11 or 12 in their days of towavans and tiny white workshop awnings.

Having 'lived and died' F1 and motorsport for a lot of years I still enjoy the intrigue and rivalries but will not be drawn further by your lack of understanding and silly games on this forum. That is despite all the months my husband has been away every year.

I will also be going to the Turkish and Monaco GP's.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Note.

Mercedes are not the major shareholders @ McLaren as Mumtalakat increased their holding to 40% towards the end of last year unless the press reports were lies. Mumtalakat is the Gorvernment and with Mansour holding that puts the majority of share in Arab hands and I believe Ron is a partner in TAG so he and Mansour vote together.

(The web site is a little slow on update)

I doubt that anyone believes that Mercedes could just buy out a Governments holding unless the Arabs changed there stance on F1 and motorsport.

Note. Who believes Max Mosely, he and an unfair number of the FIA are Ferrari people.

Note FIA only has jursdiction over some 4 wheel motor sport, but about 122 countries are members of the FIA ,the FIM governs most bike based and sidecar racing so the FIA is not for all motorsports!

Sorry but I didn't realise that a man would not realiase that McLaren and Ferrari get there different wheeelbases partly due to having different sized tubs, data from another car or tyre wear would be of little use. Teams run the same tyres and have different tyre wear, so unless you run the same car, aero package, weight distribution, camber and toe in / toe out and power delivery another teams tyre data is not a lot of good to you. Tyres also change race to race and year to year that's why teams clock so many tyre miles.
Bahrain Government

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
Sadie,

Being unspeakably jealous I must disagree on principle with whatever you say and try to ridicule it, but otherwise would admit you make a lot of valid points.

I have been an avid F1 Fan since the late 50's and have been lucky enough over the years to attend many Grand Prix's in different countries although always as a spectator. ( a few times I must admit having VIP treatment courtesy as a customer of a major company who happen to sponsor the sport)

I must admit that when Schumacher retired I thought my interest might wane a little but Lewis Hamilton has certainly ensured that didn't happen for me at least. I am sure he will find it harder this year as expectations are greater and their are more constructors at a similar level of development.

However, he shows the same single minded determination and a degree of ruthlessness exhibited by other past greats such as Schumacher,Senna, Jochen Rindt, Fangio and others.

Is a mediocre driver good in a great car - not in my opinion.

Is a great driver good in a mediocre car - definitely, look at Schumacher when he finished a race in the points stuck in 5th (I think) gear for a large part of it.

Industrial Espionage - I have no inside knowledge but am sure there is as goes on in any industry to a greater or lesser extent. However, my impression from everything I read and hear is that Ron Dennis is an extremely ethical person and I have a great deal of respect for him. However, as I said I have no evidence (inside or otherwise) to support that, although I did once talk to Jeremy Clarkson on a flight back from Finland about six years ago if that counts.

Scandals - Who cares, my own interests are in the racing not who sleeps with who, how often and how many at once although perhaps again a twinge of jealousy might be creeping in here..

2008 is developing and promises to be a great season...I can't wait..

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sadie

I wouldn't let Gio's comments get you down-it takes all sorts to make the world go round.

Must admit I'm not a great F1 fan despite Eddie Jordan being a close family friend. He had tried to get me into his F1 team for years when I was working for Audi on their rally team, but it was always rallying for me particularly in the eighties when we ran the awesome Quattro rally cars. I still do occasional work on the historic rally circuit and still get a tremendous 'buzz' from it especially if I can blag a drive in a car. There never seems the same 'feel good' factor when I have been around F1 cars but there you go each to their own.

As a sport I don't imagine its any more or less corrupt than any other, certainly in rallying we were often asked to do things that seemed very odd at the time but we were far removed from the 'politics' of the sport being just shop floor 'grunts' who did the job because of a genuine love of the sport. The 'suits' upstairs always very clearly had slightly different adgenda's.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sadie

I wouldn't let Gio's comments get you down-it takes all sorts to make the world go round.

Must admit I'm not a great F1 fan despite Eddie Jordan being a close family friend. He had tried to get me into his F1 team for years when I was working for Audi on their rally team, but it was always rallying for me particularly in the eighties when we ran the awesome Quattro rally cars. I still do occasional work on the historic rally circuit and still get a tremendous 'buzz' from it especially if I can blag a drive in a car. There never seems the same 'feel good' factor when I have been around F1 cars but there you go each to their own.

As a sport I don't imagine its any more or less corrupt than any other, certainly in rallying we were often asked to do things that seemed very odd at the time but we were far removed from the 'politics' of the sport being just shop floor 'grunts' who did the job because of a genuine love of the sport. The 'suits' upstairs always very clearly had slightly different adgenda's.
Known to many of us as Effie Jordan or Eddie "Effin" Jordan as not many can get as many "f's" into a sentence as Eddie when he gets "excited".

Ask Eddie how much effort he put into tracking down old Chevron parts for DG ;

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts