Fancy a new Swift?

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
That’s interesting, might look into that. Having just discovered another major problem with ours (panoramic window failure) it’d be good to hear how their QA build process works!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
That’s interesting, might look into that. Having just discovered another major problem with ours (panoramic window failure) it’d be good to hear how their QA build process works!
Panoramic window cracks are a very common problem with Swifts. Swift reckon they have solved it; but they clearly haven’t. As the Panoramic window is considered part of the body work it is covered by the 6 year warranty. Don’t let your dealer tell you otherwise.
Mel

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
It isn’t cracked, it looks like the inner and outer panes have separated somewhere, dealer is filing a warranty claim on Monday. Swift have a repair team for these and replace them themselves at the dealership.

I might fill it up a bit more and put some goldfish in it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's not the words that count it's the actions, and the fact there are still so many caravans and motorhomes that are faulty when they reach the end user simply shows their QA system ( if they have one) simply is not working.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
We pitched up at York a few hours ago and now the shower door has fallen off! All sorted but it’s almost like someone has pressed a “self destruct” button in the caravan.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Just returned home from York and had a good look, the panoramic window IS cracked, it starts on the top edge under the black mastic seal and extends down by around 2 inches. There’s no sign of any impact damage and as it happened when the caravan was stationary I’d suspect temperature changes possibly found a weak point in it (chip on the edge etc).

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Just returned home from York and had a good look, the panoramic window IS cracked, it starts on the top edge under the black mastic seal and extends down by around 2 inches. There’s no sign of any impact damage and as it happened when the caravan was stationary I’d suspect temperature changes possibly found a weak point in it (chip on the edge etc).
Judging by the opinion on Swift face book groups the Panoramic windows crack as a pastime. 😀

Reactions: GaryB
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Dealer confirmed they have had a few warranty claims for this but mostly on nearly-new caravans so it appears to be a problem that appears early on. This is the seventh Swift we’ve had so it looks like we’ve been lucky before this one!

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
We purchased ours new in 2016, looked great in the showroom, love the layout and it tows well. But the build quality has been abysmal, having had three locker drawers drop off (the first one on its first outing, resulting in staining to bedding and carpets), the well publicised sink drainer discharging the water onto the floor, incorrectly fitted water pipes under the sink in the toilet compartment resulting in flooding (I`ve had the floor covering up for a few weeks trying to dry the wood under the vinyl covering) and having spent the best part of £2K on a major repair after the nearside roof capping decided to detach itself so channelling the rainwater off the roof and down the inside of van.

Would I have another? I`d save my money and live in a cave first.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Well, we collected our new Swift on Wednesday and yesterday I went over it front to back before putting all of the junk back inside. I removed drawers, access panels, all cushions etc and checked everything, all appears good. The only thing that I found was one cupboard door didn't always latch properly and needed adjusting slightly. I fitted an external mains socket and a door bin and we're away in it on Friday so fingers crossed my praise isn't short lived!
3.jpg

TRENDING THREADS