FAO Lutz Saxon Switzerland

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Lutz,
We will be in Dresden in September and travelling via the Harz Mountains en route back home. We would like to see Saxon Switzerland but only have one day to do so. What would be the best route to take around Saxon Switzerland so that we can take in the highlights of the National Park . We would leave Dresden early in the morning and then after Saxon Switzerland stay overnight before travelling to Nordhausen, so we can do a full day in the National park area. We plan to visit Konigstein fortress and of course the car will be solo for this trip so no limitations on travel access.

Thank you in anticipation

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I'm sorry, but I can be only of limited help. My wife's uncle lives in Dresden so visits to the region tend to be limited to family get-togethers, although I have been to Königstein and can thoroughly recommend the walk around the rock formations there. Perhaps the following link will help you a bit better, if you haven't come across it yourself yet:
http://www.nationalpark-saechsische-schweiz.de/service/service/Anreise/?set_lang_id=2

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Lutz,
thank you for your help. We would love to explore the area in some depth but given the time constraints the two we want to see are Kongistein and the rock formations. It was the latter that were causing some difficulty but through the link that you sent and Google Earth I have found that the access to the high level walkway is via Bastei on the opposite bank of the river to Konigstein. So I now have a good circular route from Dresden. Perhaps next year we will return for a longer visit.

Thanks again
Clive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts