FAO Sam (re Blackmore)

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sam, picked up that you're a regular here. Wondering if you could answer a few questions for me. Just joined the club and managed to get into site for this weekend.

Can you cycle from site (is it easy cycling)

Is there a town/village near that you can walk to

Any pubs in walking distance

Anything else about it

Thanks in advance - really looking forward to going. This is our first trip with CC and no kids.

Helen

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Helen

Yes, you can cycle from the site and Blackmore and the surrounding areas are all flat so I would think it would be easy for you. Although, this isn't one of my strong subjects as we ourselves do not have bikes so I am probably not the best person to advise you of this.

The nearest village is Hanley Swan, and I would say it is about a mile walk. To be honest we have only ever been to the caravan accessories shop there, as we tend to drive out for the day. A lovely place to visit is Bourton on the Water, if it is just the two of you with no children then it is a lovely little village to go and have a pub lunch and sit outside if the weather is nice.

There is some lovely little village pubs in a little village called Guarlford, which is about a 5 minutes drive from Blackmore. From there, it will then take you into a little village called Barnards Green where they have a Somerfield, and a lovely fish and chip shop. They also have a little shop that sells the local cheeses and cider.

If you are driving then the postal code for your sat nav is WR14 3LY, that will direct you into Barnards Green from Blackmore and you will pass through Guarlford with all the little pubs on route.

Blackmore has a fish and chip shop on site every Saturday night, but queue early as they also queue up from the CCC site next door.

Nothing more to tell you, except I am so jealous and wish we were coming with you ;-).

You will have a lovely time, it is a really lovely site and my kids now think of it as there second home. They love it so much that we have even booked to go there for New Year.

Have a lovely time

Sam

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Helen

Yes, you can cycle from the site and Blackmore and the surrounding areas are all flat so I would think it would be easy for you. Although, this isn't one of my strong subjects as we ourselves do not have bikes so I am probably not the best person to advise you of this.

The nearest village is Hanley Swan, and I would say it is about a mile walk. To be honest we have only ever been to the caravan accessories shop there, as we tend to drive out for the day. A lovely place to visit is Bourton on the Water, if it is just the two of you with no children then it is a lovely little village to go and have a pub lunch and sit outside if the weather is nice.

There is some lovely little village pubs in a little village called Guarlford, which is about a 5 minutes drive from Blackmore. From there, it will then take you into a little village called Barnards Green where they have a Somerfield, and a lovely fish and chip shop. They also have a little shop that sells the local cheeses and cider.

If you are driving then the postal code for your sat nav is WR14 3LY, that will direct you into Barnards Green from Blackmore and you will pass through Guarlford with all the little pubs on route.

Blackmore has a fish and chip shop on site every Saturday night, but queue early as they also queue up from the CCC site next door.

Nothing more to tell you, except I am so jealous and wish we were coming with you ;-).

You will have a lovely time, it is a really lovely site and my kids now think of it as there second home. They love it so much that we have even booked to go there for New Year.

Have a lovely time

Sam
Hi Sam, just come back. What a lovely site and beautiful surroundings. Will defo be going back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts