FAO Val and Frank,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi there,

Have you tried out Aden Country Park,Mintlaw for one of your outings with your caravan ?

I believe it is a 4**** site, so must be fairly reasonable.

I noticed that you are going to Prague.Instead of driving to the south coast,have you thought about Rosyth.My sister in law has used this ferry a couple of times ( though not with a caravan ) and said the facilities are excellent.Your other possibility is sailing from Newcastle or Hull.

We drove to Dover on one occasion from Scotland and I vowed never to do it again.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi, Lady Maureen.

We are driving to Prague solo, to then drive back with our son and D in L + our Grandaughter who we have not seen yet !!!!. My son drives an ML270 so with th LC and the ML we should be able to bring everything back for the baby + their two dogs.

I drove the ML out to Prague, and I went via Newcastle/Amsterdam which is quite a easy route. I will look at Roysth/Zeebrugge when I book something, either later tonight or tomorrow.

With regards to Aden Country Park we have drove past it many times but not looked at the site. Currently we are doing the local sites Banchory/Braemar and I think maybe Huntly next, and then up to Dornoch or Nairn. We live in Aberdeen so it's relatively easy to explore North South,or West. East is a little difficult unless a Chinook can pick us up!!!.

Due to the long trip South we are looking to spend quite a bit of time on the continent next year. Rather than towing home we will use Easy-Jet or Ryanair, as Aberdeen airport is opening up with Ryanair flying direct to Liverpool 3 times a week.So it works out better to leave the car & van for our sons to use, and then for us just to fly back to continue our vacation.

Regards

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Frank,

When you travel north....the Caravan Club have a nice site at Culloden.It's also in striking distance of two Tesco supermarkets.Tesco Extra is on the main road for Nairn and the car park is plenty big enough for caravans to park around the perimeter.Hubby then sat with the outfit whilst I went and stocked up before moving north.

My sister in law lives in Kemnay,but when we are in that neck of the woods,we generally don't have the caravan with us.She lives on a new estate where caravans are not allowed.The nearest site would be Kintore,which we have seen but not stayed on.Seemed to be OK.

TRENDING THREADS