Farm storage - insurance query?

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi we have been offered storage for our caravan on a farm close to a wondeful site - actually it was recommended by the site owners. Does it affect your insurance if you store on a farm? Can anyone recommend a good insurer that would be suitable.

many thanks.

Kate

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi - we store ours in a barn on a non working farm and a lot of insurers wouldn't insure us because the doors of the barn weren't locked. We did find one called www.insuremycaravan.co.uk who did insure us at a very reasonable

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We store our van on a farm. As has been said, some insurers won't insure, others will charge a larger excess. The Caravan Club are who we insure with, they were the most competative this year and don't make any extra excess charges for it being on a farm. Well worth ringing around to get several quotes.

Jog

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi

try NFU,national farmers union,more competitive than CC with less restrictions,have been with them for years excellent service.

Hi

Be very careful when obtaining quotes, we had this same problem and some of the policy wording states that if you have the van stored on farms etc they should have perimeter fencing etc etc and the insurers dont tell you that when they give you quotes, therefore, if your van does get stolen then your not insured if the place you have it stored doesnt have the security mentioned in the policy statement. We opted for the caravan club as you can store your van whereyou like they do not place any unreasonable rules. They werent the cheapest by any means but as they say you get what you pay for. I previousle used insuremycaravan.co.uk who were cheap, but, i took out their breakdown cover and what they didnt tell me was they had a restriction on the length of the towing vehicle and ours was over that length!! if we had a breakdown we wouldnt have been covered!! I now read the policy facts and wording before I take out any cover, its very tedious but, when you are talking about a large purchase of a new van you really should consider these facts before deciding and ask the right questions? Hope this is useful for you?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts