Fault on Fanmaster 4000 heater

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

In my five year old Lunar I have a fanmaster 4000 heater. Now the heater works on the gas OK and the fan works as it should but the convector part does not seem to be functioning. Does anyone have any ideas? I have assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the element may be faulty. Can they be replaced separately? Is looking into these heaters a DIY job or should I leave it to the experts.

Thanking you all in advance

Martyn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Martyn, Can you confirm that the mains switch is is switched on and that the neon ( if it has one ) is lit. If it is then you will have to copnfirm that the supply is getting to the heater.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On our last van we had a Fanmaster, can't recollect the model number, but occasionally we had the same problem. There was a reset button located on the Fanmaster casing and in our case operating this restored power. If the mains supply to yours is ok have a look for a reset button.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Martyn

I'm with PC on this. Our fanmaster heater has a reset button if the thermostat trips. In our case it is on the left hand side of the fanmaster body. It is a slightly recessed rectangle. It is not very easy to detect. In our case I have to take out the draw above the heater and feel around with my hand - a bit of a tight squeeze. I am referring to the fanmaster unit which is hidden in a cabinet BEHIND the gas heater.

It's worth mentioning the fan is 12v but the heating element is mains so make sure you have both mains and 12v power on. Without the mains supply the 12v volt fan just blows cold air.

I hope this helps.

Happy 'vanning

Tim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Automatic overheat reset on these mk2 fanmaster systems, a very common problem though is the kettle type mains plug falling out the control box on the back of the fire!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts