faulty aerial?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hello, can any body say they get good pictures on tv using status aerial, we just got van used it 3 times and tv reception has been rubbish, it also as booster. is my aerial fauty?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lecky, before condeming the status outright check all the connectors. Make sure that the outer braid is not touching the inner. Caravan manufacturers are not the best at making them off.

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
We have got a status aerial with a booster, and our picture has been terrible, thinking of getting a directional aerial.Hope this helps

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a Status fitted as standard, and unless you are in a good reception area, the quality is not good. Have also got a directional aerial which gets much better reception in all locations. In my view, the Status is just that,a Status "symbol" and not really very useful.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm sure that I read somewhere that there is an upgrade for the Status. Think it consists of a new length of coax from status to amp. The couple we caravan with have got a status and don't get a good picture where we do with our new status, so could be an easy fix.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I cannot but help wondering 'why is thee not an alternative to the Status'. I have concluded that no other maker wishes to make one as they fear for their reputation. Hardly every seem to get a decen picture on mine. Probably be better removing it and improving the aerodynamics of the caravan (but only slightly)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
According to a dealer the small white box is not a booster but merely a power pack. The status does have a booster actualy built into the ariel itself. We usually carry a directional ariel + a 12volt booster for areas where reception is poor otherwise the status and the free view box normally is sufficient.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lecky.

We had a similar problem the first time we use our Aerial, the problem was the wiring was incorrect they had put both the cables in the output side, once swapped brilliant picture.

Carlton.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I noticed the Status aerial on a neighbours caravan this morning and it got me thinking. The Status company is not owned by aliens and the aerial has been designed as a minature version of their spaceships. Then, when other aliens teleport down, if they see something that esembles their spacecraft on something then they know, if it is not being used, that they can get a free nights bed. Perhaps if someone opens one up they will find absolutely nothing inside

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The last three new vans I've had have had badly made connections from the Status, so check.

Having said that, i often get a better picture from the simple loop antenna which came with my TV. If Status was not fitted as standard I would certainly not spend good money on buying one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been through this topic about a month ago and it does seem that the majority of people that have status aerials do not rate them. Why caravan manufacturers still fit them as standard beats me. In fairness the status is an omi -directional aerial and also trys to cope with both vertical & horizontal polarity all of which it does very poorly. I would rather see the price of a new van reduced by

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts